ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

French long stay visa refused

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Steviweavi
Newly Registered

French long stay visa refused

Post by Steviweavi » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:52 am

Hi all , I've been working and living in France for over 20 years & recently got married to my Chinese girlfriend of 5 yrs+. She has been to France on a tourist visa many times but now we're married i would like us to live together here.
Completed the long stay visa application, provided all the documents, originals and photocopies. My wife had to return to China to make the application & after going to the French Embassy to give in the application, 7 days later they phoned to say she could collect her passport. We thought great, that was quick but when she coollected it the visa was only valid for 5 months & allows her to stay for 3 months only, so its not even a long stay visa.
I have no idea what to do, as it isnt a refusal I assume I can't appeal and I don't know what documents I could privide if we made another application. Can anyone offer any advice please?