ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

German visa related questions

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

German visa related questions

Post by huqqapani » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:38 am

my friend (a Pakistani national and Pakistani resident) has received a 'verpflichtungserklarung' from his German girlfriend. Unfortunately neither my friend, nor myself are familiar with immigration rules relating to Germany.
Could someone kindly breakdown/simplify what steps he has to take in order to use the declaration. My friend was under the impression that he has received a declaration that would enable him to apply for fiancé visa (if there is such a thing) which will enable him to get to Germany and get married there. However reading the declaration, i think it is just a sponsor declaration for bearing the living costs for the duration of stay which is shown to be of 90 days. I have attached the image of declaration. Would really appreciate if i could get some assistance on this. Many thanks in advance to all.
Attachments
Front page ed.jpg
Front page ed.jpg (532.85 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
Back page.jpeg
Back page.jpeg (263.83 KiB) Viewed 1818 times

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: German visa related questions

Post by ALKB » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:19 am

This is a sponorship document for a short term visit visa for up to 90 days (Schengen visa). It does state that the guarantor declared that the visa applicant is her fiancé.

When I sponsor my in-laws, I can choose between two different types of appointments at the police authority that issues the sponsorship declarations - short term or long term visas. I expect she chose short term.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by huqqapani » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:49 am

ALKB wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:19 am
This is a sponorship document for a short term visit visa for up to 90 days (Schengen visa). It does state that the guarantor declared that the visa applicant is her fiancé.

When I sponsor my in-laws, I can choose between two different types of appointments at the police authority that issues the sponsorship declarations - short term or long term visas. I expect she chose short term.
Many thanks for this. So in addition to this declaration, what other documents your in-laws would usually submit in order get the German visa? If you know?

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:00 pm

huqqapani wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:49 am
ALKB wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:19 am

Many thanks for this. So in addition to this declaration, what other documents your in-laws would usually submit in order get the German visa? If you know?
From our side the sponsorship declaration, visa-specific health insurance (I like it better to deal with a German provider in case we need it - and we have needed it a few times - , I always get the insurance from the biggest German car club) a personal letter stating who we are and what our plans are for the family visit, and if we have booked anything for aforementioned plans, then we also include copies of reservation confirmation (opera tickets, football summer camp for my nephew, hotel reservations for weekend trips - anything that nicely fleshes out the touristic/visit aspect).

From their side all documents on the list of the German Embassy:

https://pakistan.diplo.de/pk-en/service ... te/1673122

It´s not illegal to get married on a tourist visa, but travelling to Germany and then starting the process of getting permission to marry within 90 days is unlikely. We got married in Denmark (on a Schengen visa) for that reason (also a bit more complicated now than back then).

His fiancée should go to her local register office (Standesamt) and ask for the list of documents needed for marrying a Pakistani national. It takes a while to get everything assembled, then the Standesamt sends the Pakistani documents to the German Embassy in Pakistan for verification. This takes long and is expensive. Denmark is a bit quicker and easier and a lot cheaper (travel, fees, room and board for a week in Denmark was still cheaper than the document ferification fee). She can contact the Danish Embassy in Berlin for details, contact the local authority of a conveniently located Danish town, or book a wedding package from one of the many international wedding consultants in Denmark for more details on current requirements.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.