ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Germany Job Seeker Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JasK
Newly Registered

Germany Job Seeker Visa

Post by JasK » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:56 pm

Hi

I heard if a non EU resident applies for Germany Job Seeker Visa, he/she will be allowed to stay in Germany and search for job in next 6 months. If he/she is able to find work, he is eligible for residency.
My questions are
1- Has anyone from non EU background applied for this Visa - Germany Job Seeker?
2- What is the success rate?
3- Reasons for rejections

Regards,
Jaz K

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: Germany Job Seeker Visa

Post by ALKB » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:56 pm

JasK wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:56 pm
Hi

I heard if a non EU resident applies for Germany Job Seeker Visa, he/she will be allowed to stay in Germany and search for job in next 6 months. If he/she is able to find work, he is eligible for residency.
My questions are
1- Has anyone from non EU background applied for this Visa - Germany Job Seeker?
2- What is the success rate?
3- Reasons for rejections

Regards,
Jaz K
1 - All applicants/recipients of the jobseeker visa should be non-EU nationals.

2 - Not sure, but this is what I looked up for somebody else a few weeks ago:

557 received a jobseeker visa in 2017:

(page 17)

https://www.bamf.de/SharedDocs/Anlag...ationFile&v=16

83 changed their status from Jobseeker to residence/work permit and 71 changed to BlueCard in 2017 (see source page 23)

Note that this may include people who received their jobseeker visa in 2016 and does not take into account people who received their jobseeker visa late in 2017 and may have changed their status in 2018.

There is also no information about how many of the 557 actually entered Germany for the purpose of jobseeking, how long those people stayed or at what point of time within their stay they were able to change their status.

3 - As far as I have seen, a lot of rejections have to do with the personal statement - not enough research about Germany, no clear plans should jobseeking fail, failure to mention family that would move with the applicant and how they would cope with this move, vague, generic phrases in the statement. For instance, you don't need to tell the German Embassy official that Germany is a big economic player in Europe. They know that. What they don't know is, why Germany is a good fit for you career wise and on a personal level.

I have spoken to a few refused applicants who basically said: 'I thought I would find out about all that once I am in Germany.' That kind of attitude sends Germans into a nervous tizzy. You need to do detailed research before you apply or nobody will believe that you are a genuine applicant who is risking the better part of 10k Euro in living expenses and travel for a career opportunity.

4 - This is a pretty bad time for jobseeking in Germany and Europe in general, as far as I know, no jobseeker visas are being processed at this time.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

JasK
Newly Registered

Re: Germany Job Seeker Visa

Post by JasK » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:28 am

Thanks. Information share is quite informative like on rejection reasons.

Thanks again

Jaz