ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Germany National Work VISA with criminal record

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ash1425
Newly Registered
India

Germany National Work VISA with criminal record

Post by ash1425 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:07 am

I am offered a permanent position in a German software firm at their Berlin office. They are willing to sponsor my VISA and relocation along with my family.

Now the problem is my criminal history. I am convicted of drunk driving in India around 16 months ago. This was the biggest mistake on my part to drive after drinking and I was caught at a routine checkpoint. My BAC was 0.38 whereas limit in India is 0.3. DUI is a criminal offence in India. I don't have any other issues and I must say that I've learnt a big lesson to not take the law of land lightly.

I am not able to find much information around Germany's stand on immigrants with DUI. Can someone please help me understand the possibility of my VISA coming through? In case chances are very low, I'll probably save the company's money by rejecting the offer and letting them know that the problem is at my part.