ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Germany Work Visa for Indian Passport holder living in UK

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
gaganseth85
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:51 am
India

Work Visa for Indian Passport holder living in UK

Post by gaganseth85 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:39 pm

Hi ,

I am Tier 2 ICT Visa in UK and have got job offer in Germany . I have couple of questions and if someone can help on these :

1) Can i apply from German work permit from UK or do i need to go to home country to apply ? Also what is the lead time for visa ? Also are there any rejections if we have all documents ?

2) Is it possible for me to apply within UK and my dependant who lives with me in UK to apply from India ?
3) Lastly do we have similar norm like UK visa that we need to travel within a month after stamping ?


Regards,
Gagan

User avatar
ALKB
Respected Guru
Posts: 665
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 am
Location: Berlin
Germany

Re: Work Visa for Indian Passport holder living in UK

Post by ALKB » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:18 pm

gaganseth85 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:39 pm
Hi ,

I am Tier 2 ICT Visa in UK and have got job offer in Germany . I have couple of questions and if someone can help on these :

1) Can i apply from German work permit from UK or do i need to go to home country to apply ? Also what is the lead time for visa ? Also are there any rejections if we have all documents ?

2) Is it possible for me to apply within UK and my dependant who lives with me in UK to apply from India ?
3) Lastly do we have similar norm like UK visa that we need to travel within a month after stamping ?


Regards,
Gagan


1) You can apply from the UK as long as you have a valid residence document from the UK. If your Tier 2 ICT permit expires in two weeks, then, no. Work visas usually take about 6-12 weeks but can be a lot longer. Germany does not give any sort of 'service standards' for such applications. Every application takes as long as it takes. They can reject even if you have all documents.

2) Who is this dependent? Wife? Child? Parent? I think applying from two different countries would at the very least complicate and prolong the process.

3) Any visa you receive from the German Embassy will be 90 days at the most. You can travel within that time frame but you should also calculate enough time for appointments and application of the actual residence permit in Germany, so don't arrive with only days left on the visa.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

gaganseth85
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:51 am
India

Re: Work Visa for Indian Passport holder living in UK

Post by gaganseth85 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:29 am

Thanks So much for reply . Dependent is spouse and she is planning to go to India by end of this month . I was thinking if i can apply visa from here and she from there .

ANyway thanks again for the response

gaganseth85
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:51 am
India

Re: Work Visa for Indian Passport holder living in UK

Post by gaganseth85 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:22 pm

Hello ,

I have another follow up question .

Can someone tell how soon can i apply for UK Visitor visa after moving to Germany on work permit ? I would be required to come and attend few meetings in UK often while i stay in germany . So is there a minimum period to wait before applying for UK visa from Germany on Indian passport ?

User avatar
ALKB
Respected Guru
Posts: 665
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 am
Location: Berlin
Germany

Re: Work Visa for Indian Passport holder living in UK

Post by ALKB » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:17 am

gaganseth85 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:22 pm
Hello ,

I have another follow up question .

Can someone tell how soon can i apply for UK Visitor visa after moving to Germany on work permit ? I would be required to come and attend few meetings in UK often while i stay in germany . So is there a minimum period to wait before applying for UK visa from Germany on Indian passport ?
That would be a question for the general UK forum.

I am not aware of any time restrictions from the UK side but there may be practical restrictions as to when you'll have all the required German documents you'll need to support a UK visit visa (your German residence permit which you can only apply for in country after moving, salary slips/bank statements - not sure how many months they want, but three to six months appears to be a usual number, etc.).

This might help:

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-vis ... st-provide

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ing-the-uk
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

srsw
Senior Member
Posts: 637
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:31 pm

Re: Work Visa for Indian Passport holder living in UK

Post by srsw » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:31 am

gaganseth85 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:22 pm
Hello ,

I have another follow up question .

Can someone tell how soon can i apply for UK Visitor visa after moving to Germany on work permit ? I would be required to come and attend few meetings in UK often while i stay in germany . So is there a minimum period to wait before applying for UK visa from Germany on Indian passport ?
If meetings are work related, then shouldn't you be applying to business visit visa?

https://www.gov.uk/visit-uk-business-trip
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

User avatar
ALKB
Respected Guru
Posts: 665
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 am
Location: Berlin
Germany

Re: Work Visa for Indian Passport holder living in UK

Post by ALKB » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:19 pm

srsw wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:31 am
gaganseth85 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:22 pm
Hello ,

I have another follow up question .

Can someone tell how soon can i apply for UK Visitor visa after moving to Germany on work permit ? I would be required to come and attend few meetings in UK often while i stay in germany . So is there a minimum period to wait before applying for UK visa from Germany on Indian passport ?
If meetings are work related, then shouldn't you be applying to business visit visa?

https://www.gov.uk/visit-uk-business-trip

Click through your link and you will be lead to the standard visitor visa. The UK reformed their visitor visa categories a few years ago.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

srsw
Senior Member
Posts: 637
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:31 pm

Re: Work Visa for Indian Passport holder living in UK

Post by srsw » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:26 pm



Click through your link and you will be lead to the standard visitor visa. The UK reformed their visitor visa categories a few years ago.
OMG. Apologies 🙏. I didn't knew about that change and missed the news/update completely. It's difficult to keep up with various types of visas and what changed in each category. 😔

I'll try to stick to tier 2 & ILR forums, which I generally keep a watch on.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

User avatar
ALKB
Respected Guru
Posts: 665
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 am
Location: Berlin
Germany

Re: Work Visa for Indian Passport holder living in UK

Post by ALKB » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:42 pm

srsw wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:26 pm


Click through your link and you will be lead to the standard visitor visa. The UK reformed their visitor visa categories a few years ago.
OMG. Apologies 🙏. I didn't knew about that change and missed the news/update completely. It's difficult to keep up with various types of visas and what changed in each category. 😔

I'll try to stick to tier 2 & ILR forums, which I generally keep a watch on.
Hey ho, this is the Europe forum, so UK visitor visas are not exactly the norm :) Who knows what changes will come after Brexit. Or before. Things are really up in the air now.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

srsw
Senior Member
Posts: 637
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:31 pm

Re: Work Visa for Indian Passport holder living in UK

Post by srsw » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:14 pm


Hey ho, this is the Europe forum, so UK visitor visas are not exactly the norm :) Who knows what changes will come after Brexit. Or before. Things are really up in the air now.
Indeed. There's gonna be lots of new sticky pages and many more locked pages when rules start to change. At least, we don't need to worry about Indyref/Scotland immigration rules "for now".
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

gaganseth85
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:51 am
India

Germany Work Visa for Indian Passport holder living in UK

Post by gaganseth85 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:26 am

Hello All,

I have quick question regarding original documents . Do i need to carry my original vocational qualification certificate for Visa processing ? I dont have it with me but i have scanned color copy of it .

Its me and my dependant (Spouse) applying.
Regards,
gagan

Locked
cron