ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Holiday travel to EU as a UK permit resident

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SouthMan
Newly Registered
South Africa

Holiday travel to EU as a UK permit resident

Post by SouthMan » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:37 am

Hi,

I was wondering what are the requirements for a person who has a UK permit (indefinite residency), and wants to go on holiday with her family who all have EU citizenship? Does she need to apply for a Schengen visa or can she travel with the UK permit and passport? This is just for 1 week holiday to a Mediterranean country.

Thanks

vinny

Re: Holiday travel to EU as a UK permit resident

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:44 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Holiday travel to EU as a UK permit resident

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:13 pm

SouthMan wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:37 am
Hi,

I was wondering what are the requirements for a person who has a UK permit (indefinite residency), and wants to go on holiday with her family who all have EU citizenship? Does she need to apply for a Schengen visa or can she travel with the UK permit and passport? This is just for 1 week holiday to a Mediterranean country.

Thanks
ILR status is granted under UK immigration rules so it has no legal standing in other countries. Family members of EEA citizens whose citizenship does not allow them to normally be admitted to the Schengen zone, should get a Schengen visa to enter the Schengen zone
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice