ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to best immigrate to Germany?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mayahohi
Newly Registered
Thailand

How to best immigrate to Germany?

Post by Mayahohi » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:01 am

Hi everyone,

I am a 19 year old, non-EU citizien (from Asia) and I would like to study in Germany. I have a high school diploma in my country and can study at universities in my country but I would instead like to study in Germany. My command of the German language is not so good yet. I have a german friend who is willing to sponsor me, let me live with him and pay for all my expenses. What is the best way for me to immigrate to Germany? I am thinking I could first get a "Sprachkurs" visa, then a "student" visa and after my studies get a "work" visa. Is there a way to do that without having to go back to my country every time? I have also heard that there are new laws in 2020 that make it easier for people to immigrate to Germany, and how could these law changes help me?

Thank you

Mayahohi

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: How to best immigrate to Germany?

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:22 pm

Student visa is not really for "immigration". It's a temporary admission for studies and it it appears that you want to permanently move to Germany (not to go back home after your studies), this can compromise your visa.

If your "sponsor" is your partner, may be you should consider other routes.

You can read more about it here:
https://uk.diplo.de/uk-en/02/visa/8-stu ... o-students

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: How to best immigrate to Germany?

Post by ALKB » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:04 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:22 pm
Student visa is not really for "immigration". It's a temporary admission for studies and it it appears that you want to permanently move to Germany (not to go back home after your studies), this can compromise your visa.

If your "sponsor" is your partner, may be you should consider other routes.

You can read more about it here:
https://uk.diplo.de/uk-en/02/visa/8-stu ... o-students
Germany has a 18-month post study work permit that can be converted to a permit leading to settlement. This has specifically been designed to keep highly skilled, German-university-qualified international students in the country after graduating. The struggle for highly skilled staff is real.

Preparatory language course, university, post study work permit, then regular residence permit or BlueCard after finding a qualified job, then indefinite residence permit is a perfectly fine and respectable path.

Have a look here:

https://www.daad.de/deutschland/en/
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.