ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How would I go about bringing my esposa/spouse to Spain?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alvarezjones
Newly Registered
United States of America

How would I go about bringing my esposa/spouse to Spain?

Post by alvarezjones » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:53 pm

** I have realised from the post that i would apply for the family member of an EU citizen Visa not the Family reunification visa.

How would I go about bringing my esposa/spouse to Spain? We got married in the UK. She left back to her country in Africa to do her countries national service then she started working..... Now we want to be reunited in Spain. How do we go about this?
I have a softcopy of the marriage certificate because the hardopy is in the UK. Her visa was misplaced while on holiday. So she has a new one now.... One important point is that I work in the UK. But now i am in Spain due to the covid-19. I am working remotely.

I would like to know some few things please whoever can assist me. I hope to have her with me by January or before the Christmas time.

1. How do i go about this?
2. What visa is required to apply for if any is needed?
3. What embassy do I go to or call and with whom should i speak to at the embassy? if needed.
4. How does she stay with me in Spain without needing a visa?
5. Do i have to have any amount of money for this? How much if any is needed?
6. Do i need any solicitors/lawyers?
7. Any thing else I may be missing? Please assist me.

secret.simon

Re: How would I go about bringing my esposa/spouse to Spain?

Post by secret.simon » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:11 pm

What are your citizenships/nationalities?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

alvarezjones
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by alvarezjones » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:43 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:11 pm
What are your citizenships/nationalities?
Thanks for your reply Simon.

I am Spanish and she is Nigerian.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:45 pm

If you are a Spanish citizen living in Spain, you will not be able to apply under EU law to bring your wife over.

EU law on family members covers EEA citizens living in an EEA member-state of which they are not a citizen.

Wait for others to advise on which pathway under Spanish law can you bring your spouse to Spain.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

alvarezjones
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by alvarezjones » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:56 am

Thanks for your reply Simon.

I believe there is a way and what you wrote may be wrong. Under which directive or guidelines did you get your summation from?

I would wait for others to reply as you stated.

I also would like to know which country you are from and currently in?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:57 pm

I apologise. I was wrong. I missed out the part of you living in the UK. Did your spouse live with you in the UK as your spouse? Were they issued with a UK Residence Card, for example?