ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Holder Applying for Schengen Visa: A few Questions.

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Luska_83
Newly Registered
Poland

ILR Holder Applying for Schengen Visa: A few Questions.

Post by Luska_83 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:34 pm

Hi,

Me and my partner wanted to go visit my family in Netherlands. I hold Polish passport, my partner has a Zimbabwean passport with ILR granted i think in 2002, he still holds Zimbabwean passport. Now does he needs to apply for schengen Visa? as i found that statement: "ILR and EU travel. ILR does not entitle a person to travel to the Schengen states visa free. ILR is however a requirement for British citizens to travel there visa free, i.e. a person is only regarded as being "fully" British when he has ILR in the UK. Other types of British citizens may or may not require a visa" would you be able to explain please more clearly.

thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Holder Applying for Schengen Visa: A few Questions.

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:55 pm

ILR is NOT being 'fully British'. You are only 'fully British' when you hold British citizenship and passport through naturalisation after ILR.

ILR and British citizenship are two completely different things and applications. Not sure where you are reading this from.

Are you married to your partner??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.