ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In the UK with Visitors visa - Can I Apply for Schengen Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

makon

In the UK with Visitors visa - Can I Apply for Schengen Visa

Post by makon » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:44 am

Hello,

I am hoping someone could help.

My mother in-law is here in the UK with a long term Visitor's (C Visa) that is expiring in 2021. I would like to take her and the family across the channel to France. Before I can do that I would need to apply for a Schengen visa for her.

She is 62 years old and is retired.

Ordinarily, most embassy expects visa application to be made and submitted in the applicants country of origin but it would be very expensive for her to go back home and apply.

Do you think I can apply for the visa for her from here (UK)?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:13 am

All you can do is try. Embassies do have discretion to accept visa applicants from outside their country of residence, but it is likely that they will not in the first instance.

makon

Post by makon » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:48 pm

Yes I know it is a matter of trying - I am just worried about wasting about £200 - cost of transport and application fee.

However, a statement on the French embassy website says: people must apply in their usual country of residence therefore holders of ’C-Visit’ visas or of a British visa valid for 6 months or less cannot apply from the French Consulate in the UK;

Does it therefore mean that you stand a chance of succeeding if you have more than 6 months of your UK 'C-visit visa' left?

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Post by flyboy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:53 am

You could try the Embassy of Belgium- perhaps a trip to both France and Belgium

http://www.vfs-be-uk.com/short_term_visa_faq.html

I don't live in the UK, can I apply for my Schengen visa from the Belgium Visa Application Centre in London?

The Belgium Visa Application Centre in London is available to all UK Residents. If you are a visitor in the UK, you are free to make your application too; however, you need to ensure that your UK Visa or UK Resident Permit (if resident in the UK) needs to be valid for 03 months longer than your intended Schengen visa. Applications from visitors may take upto 15 working to be processed.

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Re: In the UK with Visitors visa - Can I Apply for Schengen

Post by ice_breaker » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:42 pm

makon wrote:Hello,

I am hoping someone could help.

My mother in-law is here in the UK with a long term Visitor's (C Visa) that is expiring in 2021. I would like to take her and the family across the channel to France. Before I can do that I would need to apply for a Schengen visa for her.

She is 62 years old and is retired.

Ordinarily, most embassy expects visa application to be made and submitted in the applicants country of origin but it would be very expensive for her to go back home and apply.

Do you think I can apply for the visa for her from here (UK)?

I think its not possible because
1. you have to be resident of uk (visitors not allowed to make an application)
2. if you are allowed on special circumstances then the usual time processing of pakistani national residing in UK application takes 14days, for your case it could be longer as your documents i.e bank statement, work letter will be verfied from pakistan

makon

Post by makon » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:28 pm

Thank you, flyboy.

Your suggestion worked. I applied for the Schengen Visa from the embassy of Belgium and it was approved. It took less than 15 working days for the application to be processed and passport returned to us. We just returned from a 3 days trip to Brussels today.

At least she can now stay till July without being classed as on overstayer.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:27 pm

Good to hear of your success.

JFT96
Newly Registered

Post by JFT96 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:40 pm

Does anyone know if this is possible for Portugal? I am a UK national and my wife is Thai and we wish to go to Portugal shortly.

nitinjain8219
Newly Registered

Post by nitinjain8219 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:58 am

Hai makon,

U got belgium visa or Schengen visa?
I have C visit UK visa. I want to travel belgium and paris .
Does Belgium emmbasy give schengen visa for C type uk visa?
waiting for reply.

Thanks,
Nitin

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:02 am

nitinjain8219 wrote:Hai makon,

U got belgium visa or Schengen visa?
I have C visit UK visa. I want to travel belgium and paris .
Does Belgium emmbasy give schengen visa for C type uk visa?
waiting for reply.

Thanks,
Nitin
You may have a long wait. This thread is over 3 years old and makon hasn't visited the forum since May 10, 2013. :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: In the UK with Visitors visa - Can I Apply for Schengen Visa

Post by Babajee85 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:23 pm

Hi folks,

Anyone else got the Schengen visa with UK C type visitor visa of 6 months.

My cousin is here in Uk with 6 month visitor C type visa and want to visit Amsterdam.

Can he apply for schnegen visa from Netherlands London embassy instead of home country.

please advise.

Thanks