ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

info to apply for schengen Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Caur123
Newly Registered
Mood:

info to apply for schengen Visa

Post by Caur123 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:52 pm

hello , Its been more 6 months i received my indefinite leave to remain on DDV basis. i hold an indian passport . i am claiming esa benefits and i don't work at present. however , I want to apply schenganian tourist Visa . my question is am I eligible to apply ?
what documents do I need to apply schengen Visa? :)

Casa

Re: info to apply for schengen Visa

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:58 pm

Which Schengen country do you want to visit? :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:50 pm

The list of documents are likely to vary depending on the country you want to visit, so you need to tell us that.

Nobody will care if you are claiming benefits (unless you declare it), however, no income might be an issue.

That being said, since you are a UK resident, you should be able to get the visa.
Caur123 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:52 pm
hello , Its been more 6 months i received my indefinite leave to remain on DDV basis. i hold an indian passport . i am claiming esa benefits and i don't work at present. however , I want to apply schenganian tourist Visa . my question is am I eligible to apply ?

mrdothraki
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by mrdothraki » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:23 pm

Caur123 wrote:
I just want to ask?

How long was you in the UK when you came on a spouse visa?
When did you apply for your DDV?
If your relationship broke down, why did you stay within the UK and then not return back to India?
Or did you intend to come to the UK and plan to do this after a short while?
The statistics don't like. 83% of Indian Origin Females are doing this.

Now you want to go touring?
wouldn't you be upset about the domestic abuse you suffered? I guess travelling Europe on the back of someone else is the norm for women like yourself.

This is a privilege for Indian Passport Holders which should be appreciated and respected. NOT abused.

question is why?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:16 am

mrdothraki wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:23 pm
Caur123 wrote:
I just want to ask?

How long was you in the UK when you came on a spouse visa?
When did you apply for your DDV?
If your relationship broke down, why did you stay within the UK and then not return back to India?
Or did you intend to come to the UK and plan to do this after a short while?
The statistics don't like. 83% of Indian Origin Females are doing this.

Now you want to go touring?
wouldn't you be upset about the domestic abuse you suffered? I guess travelling Europe on the back of someone else is the norm for women like yourself.

This is a privilege for Indian Passport Holders which should be appreciated and respected. NOT abused.

question is why?
It is not for you to post like this and judge someone when you don't know the circumstances of the poster. Your comments can be construed as offensive and derogatory.

If you cannot post with respect, pls rather don't post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.