ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

" Intended date of departure from the Schengen area" for multiple entry visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bgsbgs

" Intended date of departure from the Schengen area" for multiple entry visa

Post by Bgsbgs » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:22 pm

We would like to apply for a multiple entry short stay visa for my wife that will be valid for several years (the last visa was valid for 2 years so I would guess we will get at least that).

What should we put in the " Intended date of departure from the Schengen area "?

The instructions on the on line form (for Italy VFS website), says we should put "the last date the applicant wants their visa to be valid", and gives an example of a 1 year period.

However, when we try to do this, it throws an error if we put anything more than 90 days, so not sure what to do.

Also, the on-line form is very buggy (often locks us out for an hour or times us out), can we fill in a paper application form instead?

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: " Intended date of departure from the Schengen area" for multiple entry visa

Post by Caravel88 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:43 pm

Intended date of departure is self explanatory.
Write the date you intend to leave upon your visit.

If you want a longer visa, present a letter of intent explaining your reasons and request a validity longer than the said date.

Bgsbgs wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:22 pm
We would like to apply for a multiple entry short stay visa for my wife that will be valid for several years (the last visa was valid for 2 years so I would guess we will get at least that).

What should we put in the " Intended date of departure from the Schengen area "?

The instructions on the on line form (for Italy VFS website), says we should put "the last date the applicant wants their visa to be valid", and gives an example of a 1 year period.

However, when we try to do this, it throws an error if we put anything more than 90 days, so not sure what to do.

Also, the on-line form is very buggy (often locks us out for an hour or times us out), can we fill in a paper application form instead?