ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is moving to EU still possible?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

blackeyed

Is moving to EU still possible?

Post by blackeyed » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:46 pm

Hi Guys,
1) Is it possible to move to EU before 31st Dec 2020 with same EU resident rights?
2) Can I apply for residence card for me and my family even without having job in the host EU country.
3) I have a contract till Feb 2020 here in U.K. that allows remote working, can I still continue working through my ltd company till Feb 2021?

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Is moving to EU still possible?

Post by secret.simon » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:17 pm

blackeyed wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:46 pm
1) Is it possible to move to EU before 31st Dec 2020 with same EU resident rights?
Assuming that you are a UK citizen, yes.
blackeyed wrote:
2) Can I apply for residence card for me and my family even without having job in the host EU country.
Yes for yourself and immediate family members. I believe that the rules for extended family members will depend on the host country that you settle in and thus can vary.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

blackeyed

Post by blackeyed » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:03 am

secret.simon wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:17 pm
blackeyed wrote:
Assuming that you are a UK citizen, yes.
blackeyed wrote:
Yes for yourself and immediate family members. I believe that the rules for extended family members will depend on the host country that you settle in and thus can vary.
Thanks Simon.
Yes I am a British citizen and my immediate family members are also British.
For extended family members that are non EU nationals (in may case parents) do they need to be with me before 31st or they can join me as dependents after 31st December as well.

blackeyed

Post by blackeyed » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:54 am

I read on other thread that Germany, Austria and Luxembourg wont allow Non EU nationals to join after 31st :cry:
Is there any country that has more humanitarian approach towards elderly?

blackeyed

Post by blackeyed » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:56 pm

I had a look at Netherlands website.

https://ind.nl/en/Pages/Questions-and-a ... -deal.aspx
I am a UK national coming to live in the Netherlands during the transition period. Do I fall under the Withdrawal Agreement?
Yes, the Withdrawal Agreement applies to you and your family members. You will be treated in the same way as UK nationals who lived in the Netherlands prior to 1 February 2020 (Brexit). Make sure you register yourself in person in the Personal Records Database (BRP) at your town hall within 4 months of arriving in the Netherlands. Submit an application for temporary residency online now and before 31 December 2020.
Documents required
https://ind.nl/en/Pages/Apply-for-tempo ... #documents
Documents for online application
The online application explains which documents you need to upload. Which documents you need to present depends on your purpose of residence in the Netherlands:

Employment / employee
Self-employed
You are not working and have sufficient resources to support yourself
Study
Is Employment necessary before moving?