ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter of Sponsorship template for my wife

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jetskiguy
Newly Registered

Switzerland Schengen Visa Proof of funds advice

Post by jetskiguy » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:37 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice on what what would be best approach to submit as proof of funds for a schengen visa to enter switzerland.

The application is for my wife who is filipino but lives in the uk with me, she is working full time however at the end of the month she doesnt have much left in her current account but has savings.

if we submit her current bank statement it will of course show that there is not sufficient money to support her during the holiday and most likely lead to visa refusal.

Could be submit a bank statement for the savings account instead? Also are the prepaid travel visa cards accepted as proof of financial means?

any advice would be much appreciated, cheers

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Switzerland Schengen Visa Proof of funds advice

Post by Ticktack » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:19 am

jetskiguy wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:37 pm
Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice on what what would be best approach to submit as proof of funds for a schengen visa to enter switzerland.

The application is for my wife who is filipino but lives in the uk with me, she is working full time however at the end of the month she doesnt have much left in her current account but has savings.

if we submit her current bank statement it will of course show that there is not sufficient money to support her during the holiday and most likely lead to visa refusal.

Could be submit a bank statement for the savings account instead? Also are the prepaid travel visa cards accepted as proof of financial means?

any advice would be much appreciated, cheers
Any account in her name is fine. Likewise, you could also put your account in the mix as a support, with a letter to back it up. You're allowed to support your spouse to meet certain criteria.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

jetskiguy
Newly Registered

Post by jetskiguy » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:26 am

Thank you, i assume my credit card statement would be sufficient rather than bank statement?

Anywhere i can get a template from for the letter of support?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:36 am

jetskiguy wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:26 am
Thank you, i assume my credit card statement would be sufficient rather than bank statement?

Anywhere i can get a template from for the letter of support?
You need a bank statement. Proof of cash. Not proof of money that can be loaned to you!

jetskiguy
Newly Registered

Post by jetskiguy » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:48 am

Alot of the schengen websites have credit card listed as an acceptable proof, but they also mention travellers cheques which nobody even uses anymore

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:57 am

jetskiguy wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:48 am
Alot of the schengen websites have credit card listed as an acceptable proof, but they also mention travellers cheques which nobody even uses anymore
Feel free to add your credit card statements. It's all up to you to do what you're comfortable with.

Bank statements are the confirmed requirements for proof of funds. Travellers Cheques are cash in paper form, credit cards aren't exactly cash.

I'm sure you want the visa issued at the first go! Like I said, your choice.

jetskiguy
Newly Registered

Post by jetskiguy » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:01 am

I personally would have gone down the travellers cheques route to make it simpler but not many places even accept these anymore.

Can we use the prepaid travel visa cards? you know the ones you can get from the post office and currency exchange places?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:14 am

jetskiguy wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:01 am
I personally would have gone down the travellers cheques route to make it simpler but not many places even accept these anymore.

Can we use the prepaid travel visa cards? you know the ones you can get from the post office and currency exchange places?
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/tourist-schengen-visa/

Proof of financial means. Evidence that shows you have enough money to support yourself throughout your stay in Schengen. This could be a:
Bank account statement.
Sponsorship Letter. When another person will be financially sponsoring your trip to the Schengen Zone. It is also often called an Affidavit of Support.
A combination of both.

jetskiguy
Newly Registered

Post by jetskiguy » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:50 am

Ticktack wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:14 am
jetskiguy wrote:

Proof of financial means. Evidence that shows you have enough money to support yourself throughout your stay in Schengen. This could be a:
Bank account statement.
Sponsorship Letter. When another person will be financially sponsoring your trip to the Schengen Zone. It is also often called an Affidavit of Support.
A combination of both.
Thank you, i have read this but our problem is our money isn't in our current account, its in savings accounts so if we provide bank statements it wont show that we can support ourselves, but theres no information on these sites that states we can provide savings statements so im looking for alternatives.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:59 am

jetskiguy wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:50 am
Ticktack wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:14 am
jetskiguy wrote:

Bank account statement.
A combination of both.
Thank you, i have read this but our problem is our money isn't in our current account, its in savings accounts so if we provide bank statements it wont show that we can support ourselves, but theres no information on these sites that states we can provide savings statements so im looking for alternatives.
All accounts have statements. Attach you current account to show income and attach savings to show savings.
The issue of people moving money from personal account to super-saving accounts or joint accounts isn't particular to just yourselves. Not sure what you're worried about here.

The keyword here is "Bank Account", not "Current Account"!! :!:

jetskiguy
Newly Registered

Post by jetskiguy » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:02 am

Thanks all, makes perfect sense and i'm feeling alot more confident now.

I guess the worry of a rejection does get to you a bit when the cost of the flights and hotels is non refundable

jetskiguy
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa Application Form asking for Employer Mobile Number

Post by jetskiguy » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:58 pm

Hi all,

On the tlscontact schengen visa application form it's asking for mobile phone number of the employer, this is something i am unable to provide because they don't have a mobile phone number and i don't have permission to use the managers number.

Has anybody here come across this issue before and what did you put in its place? Its unfortunately a field i cannot just leave blank as its required.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Schengen Visa Application Form asking for Employer Mobile Number

Post by meself2 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:20 pm

jetskiguy wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:58 pm
Hi all,

On the tlscontact schengen visa application form it's asking for mobile phone number of the employer, this is something i am unable to provide because they don't have a mobile phone number and i don't have permission to use the managers number.

Has anybody here come across this issue before and what did you put in its place? Its unfortunately a field i cannot just leave blank as its required.
do they ask for mobile phone number specifically?
you can try providing your work phone
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

jetskiguy
Newly Registered

Post by jetskiguy » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:00 pm

It states mobile number on the application form, my wife is a care assistant so doesnt have a work mobile number.

We can state the work landline number if this is acceptable

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:25 pm

I'm curious as to where you got this. Which number on the form is that in, 22?
I applied for a Schengen visa for a different country (but I expect form to be the same or very similar, since it's common), no mention of "mobile" number here, it's all just phone numbers they're looking for.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:33 pm

Can't edit the post anymore, but adding to this - landline should be fine. You can't be expected to give out a private phone of your manager, for example.

jetskiguy
Newly Registered

Post by jetskiguy » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:37 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:25 pm
I applied for a Schengen visa for a different country (but I expect form to be the same or very similar, since it's common), no mention of "mobile" number here, it's all just phone numbers they're looking for.
Its on the tlscontact application form for a visa for switzerland

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:07 pm

jetskiguy wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:37 pm
meself2 wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:25 pm
Its on the tlscontact application form for a visa for switzerland
Company landline number is fine!

jetskiguy
Newly Registered

Letter of Sponsorship template for my wife

Post by jetskiguy » Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:22 pm

Hi all,

Were doing a schengen visa application for my wife so we can visit switzerland for a week and i need to write a letter of sponsorship, does anybody please have any templates for this as i am unsure what to put in the application.

I have heard switzerland can be strict so i want to make sure i get it right