ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Living in Germany with UK Residence Card

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

emmhaych
Newly Registered

Living in Germany with UK Residence Card

Post by emmhaych » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:32 am

I am a British national and when I got married, my wife (non-EU citizen) got a UK residence card to come live with me in the UK. Due to my job, I am now having to relocate to Germany and wanted to get some clarification on her visa requirement.

According to VisaMetric's website (UK German Consulate's visa service provider), she doesn't need a German visa since she would be travelling with me (EU national).
Ref: https://www.visametric.com/uk/Germany/e ... -documents

I haven't heard that this is possible before so would just like to confirm if it is true and also if she will be allowed to work in Germany using this method or not?

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: Living in Germany with UK Residence Card

Post by ALKB » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:16 pm

emmhaych wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:32 am
I am a British national and when I got married, my wife (non-EU citizen) got a UK residence card to come live with me in the UK. Due to my job, I am now having to relocate to Germany and wanted to get some clarification on her visa requirement.

According to VisaMetric's website (UK German Consulate's visa service provider), she doesn't need a German visa since she would be travelling with me (EU national).
Ref: https://www.visametric.com/uk/Germany/e ... -documents

I haven't heard that this is possible before so would just like to confirm if it is true and also if she will be allowed to work in Germany using this method or not?
Are you planning to move before the current Brexit date (end of October)?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.