Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long-Term Residence (EU) - Moving to Germany

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

makaveli13
Newly Registered
Germany

Re: Long-Term Residence (EU) - Moving to Germany

Post by makaveli13 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:12 pm

Chio wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:22 pm
Thank you very much, flozzer. I tried to call the number you provided earlier, but it referred me to their website. I reckon it might be because today is a public holiday, so I will try again tomorrow. I am not in a hurry though as the underlying reason why I want to move there is because I identify very much with the German people and their culture (I am very satisfied with my current job as well).

(btw, I am a software engineering by profession).
Hi, i have same case as you. I am software developer moving from another EU country to Germany to find work. I see that you did not write for some time and i assume that you had success with your application and therefore I have a few questions:
  • Did you manage to get German residence permit?
  • Did you need Arbeitserlaubnis to work as a software engineer? If thats the case did you get Arbeitserlaubnis ?
  • Did you have job offer before aplying for German residence permit?
  • What did they ask for "proof that you are able to support yourself" (I intend to move to Germany to join my fiance which is currently on a master studies there and start looking for a job)
Any info would really help!

flozzer wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:19 am
The lesson is not to leave it till the last day to apply given the situation is somewhat unclear.
Your help would be appreciated as well!

makaveli13
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by makaveli13 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:13 pm

Chio wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:27 pm
flozzer, your reply was of huuge help!
Just wanted to mention that i am from Serbia as well :mrgreen:

makaveli13
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by makaveli13 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:51 pm

So i visited lawyer specialized in immigration and these are the facts regarding our case:
  • You have basically the same rights for working as if you would go trough embassy,which means that every job that you apply has to be checked with the ministry of labor.
  • Only perks are that you don't have to go trough lengthy process in your country and after 12 months of working for the same company you get unrestricted access to the German work market.

Here are few more things that i learned today:
  • Even with "white" list job offer you are not 100 % sure that you will get a permit.
  • Bigger salary means larger chance for you to get permit
  • He had a case of two brothers,who came for identical (painting) job offer,one got resident permit,other one didn't.
  • Salary shouldn't be less then 2000 EUR gross as it will undermine your chances of getting the permit.
  • He said that in his experience around 70 % of people gets work permit.

I hope this helped a bit, i would like to hear from other people about their experiences.

reza1813
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by reza1813 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:38 pm

I am a non-EU citizen(Iranian) with a long-term residence permit at Italy and now I want to move to Germany for work. Preferably, I would like to TRANSFER this long-term residence permit(Soggiornante di lungo periodo–UE) to Germany(Daueraufenthalt –EU), which would, at least in theory, grant me certain rights when it comes to employment. Is it any possibility to transfer it and how will be accomplished in Germany?
I tried searching the forums, but I haven't found much specific information on how to accomplish this.
It would be your kindness if let me know. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Hamidreza