ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost BRP card - Schengen visa application

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yunachan09
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Lost BRP card - Schengen visa application

Post by yunachan09 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:10 pm

Hello everyone,

I am on my student visa and i recently lost my BRP card. I applied for a new one. My biometric appointment is next week.

The issue is, i am on my internship and part of it requires me to travel to a EU country for a meeting with the company's partners (so I should apply for Schengen business visa I suppose?). And I need to go at the beginning of April.

Has anyone experienced this before? What is your advice? How long does it take for you to get a new BRP? If it's up to 8 weeks as stated on the UKVI website then I might not have time to apply for Schengen visa?
:(

Thanks!

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Lost BRP card - Schengen visa application

Post by Caravel88 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:29 pm

You will need to apply for a business visa, correct.

If you get it (the BRP) by mid March it should be ok.

When is it going to expire though?
yunachan09 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:10 pm
Hello everyone,

I am on my student visa and i recently lost my BRP card. I applied for a new one. My biometric appointment is next week.

The issue is, i am on my internship and part of it requires me to travel to a EU country for a meeting with the company's partners (so I should apply for Schengen business visa I suppose?). And I need to go at the beginning of April.

Has anyone experienced this before? What is your advice? How long does it take for you to get a new BRP? If it's up to 8 weeks as stated on the UKVI website then I might not have time to apply for Schengen visa?
:(

Thanks!

yunachan09
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by yunachan09 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:59 am

Hello,

Thank you for your reply!

Just worrying that it would take so long (8 weeks or more) to get my new BRP which means I would not be able to apply for the Schengen visa in time.

My BRP will expire in 2020 so a long way to go!

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:58 pm

Don't worry. It won't help with anything.
Even if you can't go at this time, I bet another opportunity in the future will show up for you.
yunachan09 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:59 am
Hello,

Thank you for your reply!

Just worrying that it would take so long (8 weeks or more) to get my new BRP which means I would not be able to apply for the Schengen visa in time.

My BRP will expire in 2020 so a long way to go!

yunachan09
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by yunachan09 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:32 am

You are very kind! Thank you so much!