ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Movement between EU

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Usmandxb
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Movement between EU

Post by Usmandxb » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:18 am

Hi,
I already have work permit for one year from Hungary under employment category however i have received a job offer from Sweden. Is it possible to convert my residency permit to sweden under new job role if yes what is the process or do i need to re apply and go trough all the procedures again from my home country?

Thanks

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Re: Movement between EU

Post by ibwe » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:03 pm

Usmandxb wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:18 am
Hi,
I already have work permit for one year from Hungary under employment category however i have received a job offer from Sweden. Is it possible to convert my residency permit to sweden under new job role if yes what is the process or do i need to re apply and go trough all the procedures again from my home country?

Thanks
There is a very high possibility that you might be able to have your permit process done in Sweden without doing it in your home country. I take it that having a work permit in Hungary entitles you to get a temporary residence permit. You won't actually, "convert" your work permit, rather you will be getting a new one.

Checking on this website, there is a clause that says, "Generally, you will need to apply for your permit before entering Sweden, though in some cases you may be able to apply from within Sweden if you are already legally living in the country." The definition of legally living might be construed as that your residence permit can at least let you 'live' in Sweden for about 90 days or less. You should further check with the relevant authorities to get a clear view on this. However I believe that you might not need to go back to your home country.

Usmandxb
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Re: Movement between EU

Post by Usmandxb » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:21 pm

Thanks a lot! I shall check as mentioned
Much appreciated :)