ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving Countries with Temporary Residencies?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CZRUCAUK
Newly Registered
Mood:
Czech Republic

Moving Countries with Temporary Residencies?

Post by CZRUCAUK » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:57 pm

Hi All,

I've been searching high and low but cannot find an answer, so I'm hoping you could help me.

My wife is convinced that certain EU countries will accept other EU countries' Temporary Residencies.

We currently live in Czech Republic and have temporary residency here for nearly 3 years (I am British she is non-EU). For many reasons, we don't want to stay in CZ long term and are looking where we would like to move.

Do any countries accept the Temporary Residencies of other EU countries and time spent in the original EU country?

Many thanks in advance!!

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: Moving Countries with Temporary Residencies?

Post by ALKB » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:26 pm

CZRUCAUK wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:57 pm
Hi All,

I've been searching high and low but cannot find an answer, so I'm hoping you could help me.

My wife is convinced that certain EU countries will accept other EU countries' Temporary Residencies.

We currently live in Czech Republic and have temporary residency here for nearly 3 years (I am British she is non-EU). For many reasons, we don't want to stay in CZ long term and are looking where we would like to move.

Do any countries accept the Temporary Residencies of other EU countries and time spent in the original EU country?

Many thanks in advance!!
This depends a bit on what kind of status you have in the EU country; 'temporary residence' is not very specific. Does your wife have any specific EU countries in mind that she thinks do accept temporary residence from other EU states?

I guess you moved under freedom of movement and your wife has a residence card for family members of EU/EEA nationals?

Unfortunately, had you moved before the end of last year, you'd have had the pick of any EU country. Now it's much more complicated.

Aside from your withdrawal agreement rights to stay in the Czech Republic, you are now both non-EU citizens. Are you highly-skilled?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.