ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

moving from UK to EU

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bookerw100
Member of Standing

moving from UK to EU

Post by bookerw100 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:45 pm

Hi,

my spouse is here on a UK spouse visa. I am BC. If I get offered a job in EU before Brexit whenever that happens...what's the best way of taking her with me to another EU country?

secret.simon

Re: moving from UK to EU

Post by secret.simon » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:31 pm

Move to the EU as an EU citizen and your spouse can accompany you there as the spouse of an EU citizen.

Her immigration clock in the UK will however be reset to zero and would start from zero on your return.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:37 am

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:31 pm
Move to the EU as an EU citizen and your spouse can accompany you there as the spouse of an EU citizen.
Thanks. does she not have to apply for a visa or something for that?

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:48 am

bookerw100 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:37 am
secret.simon wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:31 pm
Thanks. does she not have to apply for a visa or something for that?
If your spouse needs a Schengen visa to enter Schengen (and if the EU country is part of Schengen), then get that. After registering your residence in the EU country, and preferably after you got your first payslip, your spouse applies for a residence card of family members of EEA nationals.

All of the above assuming that the UK does not leave the EU before October 2019 and that your move happens before then.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.