ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to Italy with unmarried non-EU partner

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kokomo16
Newly Registered

Moving to Italy with unmarried non-EU partner

Post by kokomo16 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:11 am

Hello,

I am a British citizen who would like to move to Italy with my American (opposite sex) partner before the Brexit deadline at the end of this year. I understand the requirements for me to gain residency there but I'm not sure whether my partner would also be able to apply at the same time on the basis of our "durable partnership". We have evidence of living together in the UK in 2018/19 (utility bills/council tax etc) and plenty of photos/history together, but it's hard to find information on what the Italian government would want as proof of the relationship. I'm also not clear whether we could apply simultaneously or whether he would have to wait until my residency were approved to start his application?

Thanks so much if you have any suggestions or information!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Moving to Italy with unmarried non-EU partner

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:20 pm

Hello

Please follow this guidance:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-italy

You are going to apply under the Withdrawal Agreement. I would have preferred to read that you are married.

The EEA Extended Family member application is something you will find all across the EU countries as it's not a national/local law but a European one. However, extended family applications are weaker.

Alice109
Newly Registered
Italy

Re: Moving to Italy with unmarried non-EU partner

Post by Alice109 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:46 pm

kokomo16 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:11 am
Hello,

I am a British citizen who would like to move to Italy with my American (opposite sex) partner before the Brexit deadline at the end of this year. I understand the requirements for me to gain residency there but I'm not sure whether my partner would also be able to apply at the same time on the basis of our "durable partnership". We have evidence of living together in the UK in 2018/19 (utility bills/council tax etc) and plenty of photos/history together, but it's hard to find information on what the Italian government would want as proof of the relationship. I'm also not clear whether we could apply simultaneously or whether he would have to wait until my residency were approved to start his application?

Thanks so much if you have any suggestions or information!
the EU regulation includes the EEA family members which are married partners, your partner can apply for permesso di soggiorno, if he finds a job I think he will be fine, he can teach English. Good luck