ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to the Netherlands

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mickey3rdgen
Newly Registered
Italy

Moving to the Netherlands

Post by Mickey3rdgen » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:14 pm

Hi Guys,

Struggling to get info online, been googling like crazy to get something that make's sense to me.

Im hoping you can help.

My situation is that i have an EU passport for me and my daughter we are both EU Citizens. However my Fiance that i plan to marry do not we have been together for more then 10 years, we will get married in EU.

What is the simplest way to get there? One thing i cant understand is that proof of relationship, we have been together for so long now we have tons of photo's and a birth certificate with both our names on it for our daughter, what else do you think i will need to prove to the iND that we are in a relationship?

I was told to do the following, apply for a Schengen visa at the embassy then tell them my intentions are for her to travel and live with me and live with me and my daughter, i have a job lined up in the NL.

Seeing that she is the mother of an EU Child this should perhaps benefit us ?

https://ind.nl/en/eu-eea/Pages/Family-m ... ality.aspx

I went through this link, saw that these are the steps, CTYPE visa is a normal schengen visa.

Visa facilitation
If you have a visa-required nationality, you first have to apply for a visa to travel to the Netherlands. This is called a facilitation visa. This is free of charge and is issued as a Schengen visa (type C).

You apply for this visa to the Dutch representation in the country you are live in. When you apply for this, you indicate that you intend to live in the Netherlands with a family member who has EU/EEA or Swiss nationality. You have to prove that you are a family member of an EU/EEA or Swiss citizen. You can, for example, show your marriage certificate or birth certificate.

So Marriage certificate, dont have one of those, other websites do say proof of relationship, like a contract or something of the sorts.

Any advise would be great !

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Moving to the Netherlands

Post by Caravel88 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:27 pm

Proof of relationship is bills and stuff shpwing that you have been at the same place, together.

Since she is the mother of an EU citizen however she doesn't need to do that. She can get a Schengen visa under EU directive 2004/38.

She only needs a visa to enter.
Mickey3rdgen wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:14 pm
Hi Guys,

Struggling to get info online, been googling like crazy to get something that make's sense to me.

Im hoping you can help.

My situation is that i have an EU passport for me and my daughter we are both EU Citizens. However my Fiance that i plan to marry do not we have been together for more then 10 years, we will get married in EU.

What is the simplest way to get there? One thing i cant understand is that proof of relationship, we have been together for so long now we have tons of photo's and a birth certificate with both our names on it for our daughter, what else do you think i will need to prove to the iND that we are in a relationship?

I was told to do the following, apply for a Schengen visa at the embassy then tell them my intentions are for her to travel and live with me and live with me and my daughter, i have a job lined up in the NL.

Seeing that she is the mother of an EU Child this should perhaps benefit us ?

https://ind.nl/en/eu-eea/Pages/Family-m ... ality.aspx

I went through this link, saw that these are the steps, CTYPE visa is a normal schengen visa.

Visa facilitation
If you have a visa-required nationality, you first have to apply for a visa to travel to the Netherlands. This is called a facilitation visa. This is free of charge and is issued as a Schengen visa (type C).

You apply for this visa to the Dutch representation in the country you are live in. When you apply for this, you indicate that you intend to live in the Netherlands with a family member who has EU/EEA or Swiss nationality. You have to prove that you are a family member of an EU/EEA or Swiss citizen. You can, for example, show your marriage certificate or birth certificate.

So Marriage certificate, dont have one of those, other websites do say proof of relationship, like a contract or something of the sorts.

Any advise would be great !