ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Netherlands Extended family member Visa for Dad!!!

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

allain

Netherlands Extended family member Visa for Dad!!!

Post by allain » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:50 pm

Hey Guys
We applied RC for ext fam member (my dad) he was already in Netherlands on family permit, after waiting 6 months we received a letter asking more details. Theses details are like

If you have sufficient funds in your country like pensions funds income etc?
If you have sufficient funds to support your father without burden on the state?
and you regularly sending money to your father to support him we need to see evidence

There are some more questions like this which i don't understand because they are in Dutch.

A bit a background is my dad visited me in UK from long time but that time my brother was sponsoring him. So they might know this by contact UKVI.

They also gave us only 14 days to reply which looks like they want to check if we really living at that address or not, because 14 days if very less time to reply.

Also they said all documents must be legalised.

Anyone of you have this experience ????

secret.simon

Re: Netherlands Extended family member Visa for Dad!!!

Post by secret.simon » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:44 pm

Parents are not extended family members, but direct family members. They must however prove that they are dependent on you for their day-to-day expenses. What proof of his dependency on you (not your brother) do you have?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

allain

Post by allain » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:56 am

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:44 pm
Parents are not extended family members, but direct family members. They must however prove that they are dependent on you for their day-to-day expenses. What proof of his dependency on you (not your brother) do you have?
Hey guys i would to update everyone , that my dad's Visa has been issued for 5 years , it took nearly 11 months to get the visa and lots and lots of money, i am ready to help anyone if anyone required,

I would like to ask mods if my dad can visit UK without family permit or not ??

Thanks

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:02 pm

He does not need a Family Permit to enter the UK if
a) He holds an Article 10 Residence Permit issued under EU law by any EEA member-state
AND
b) He is travelling with his EEA citizen family member (you).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.