ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non EU family member from France travel to UK

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AlfaBeta123
Newly Registered

non EU family member from France travel to UK

Post by AlfaBeta123 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:23 pm

Hi all,
Hope someone can advise.

My sister in law is a non-EU family member (who holds a Residence card (French issued)), who is married to a French Citizen (EU National). She wants to visit the UK for a short visit to travel with her spouse and back with her spouse).
If she takes a valid passport, marriage certificate and travel with her EU/French Spouse does she need a visa or can she travel with the above mentioned documents to the UK?
hope you are able to advise.

secret.simon

Re: non EU family member from France travel to UK

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:11 am

How is she travelling? If by flight, the airline may refuse her boarding as she does not have a visa to enter the UK.

She may have better luck if she travels by Eurostar or car. That way she can deal directly with the UK Border Force at the relevant railway stations or at Calais (if going by car).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.