ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-Eu Germany Residence Card with C-Type Schengen Visa, after moving with Greek wife

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MuratcanVassel
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Non-Eu/EU Family Relocating to Germany as Jobseekers

Post by MuratcanVassel » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:27 am

Greetings to all;

We, as a Turkish(me)-Greek couple and dual citizen child, are planning to relocate to Germany in the following months. Even I did pretty good research about a bunch of stuff about what we should do before and after we move, I am still unclear about some very important stuff. I did find a topic in this forum with valuable information in it, but since it does not cover the same situation as our family, I want to take my chance to open another topic and hope you guys enlighten me. Link here

Since my wife could not find any suitable offer for her and my applications are generally denied because I do not have a work permit in the EU before we got there, we want to move as Jobseekers. Problems and questions start here.

- Since I already have a Schengen Visa for being a family member of an EU citizen and renewing it every 2 years, Can I move to Germany with it and change it to another type of Visa or temporary residence permit? Will officials accept this kind of change or do I have to get a family reunification Visa from Turkey of Greece before we come?

Let's say I came with the Schengen Visa that I have already;

-Because we will stay in an AirBNB before we could find a flat to settle, how will the registration application to the city for residency work? I've heard that you must get a "Wohnungsgeberbestätigung" documents from the homeowner or landlord because so many AirBNB'ers are not the original owner of the flat, they simply cannot give that document to us. So without it, how can we register ourselves to the city while we're staying in an AirBNB. Should we find an AirBNB that we can get that document from the owner him/herself?

-Because we want to start searching for work as soon as possible, my wife will register herself in Jobcentre, but how will it work in my case? Will I have the chance to get my work permit/visa/etc right after (I mean in couple days/weeks) we relocate? Should I present documents, bank statements, etc about the money that we brought with ourselves? If we do, what will be the amount, on average of course?

-Let's say we will get our permits/visas/cards whatever they are and started our search for work. If I will be able to find a job before my EU citizen wife, will it be enough for our residency or she have to find a job too? I know it sounds odd, but because we'll move to Germany me as her dependent, I want to know that this situation continues or just a new-comers procedure. Does she have to work even I will get enough salary for whole family?

On the forum that I've mentioned top, dear frum member ALKB stated that;

She can enter Germany with a visa on arrival and apply in-country for a residence card as a family member of an EEA national.

You need to be married.

You need to register your residence with the municipality.

In the first 90 days after your arrival, health insurance, work contract, salary slips and a bank statement showing salary going in are not mandatory when applying for the residence card but to be very honest, to have as many of those things as possible just makes things easier and go smoother.

Because my wife and I will not have a salary, work contract and etc, will the things go smooth or we will encounter problems regarding our jobseeker situation?

Last but not least, at the official website of the EU, it is stated that,

Staying abroad for up to 6 months
Equal treatment
During their stay in your new country, your spouse, (grand)children and (grand)parents should be treated as nationals of the country, notably as regards access to employment, pay, enrolment in schools, etc.

So I am understanding that I, as a member of EU family, can also have the right to search for a job during the stay, I will be more than happy if I read the word "YES" to this question. Hope I will.

Thanks for the answers and for your time in advance.

Best regards, Muratcan

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: Non-Eu/EU Family Relocating to Germany as Jobseekers

Post by ALKB » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:16 pm

MuratcanVassel wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:27 am
Greetings to all;

We, as a Turkish(me)-Greek couple and dual citizen child, are planning to relocate to Germany in the following months. Even I did pretty good research about a bunch of stuff about what we should do before and after we move, I am still unclear about some very important stuff. I did find a topic in this forum with valuable information in it, but since it does not cover the same situation as our family, I want to take my chance to open another topic and hope you guys enlighten me. Link here

Since my wife could not find any suitable offer for her and my applications are generally denied because I do not have a work permit in the EU before we got there, we want to move as Jobseekers. Problems and questions start here.

- Since I already have a Schengen Visa for being a family member of an EU citizen and renewing it every 2 years, Can I move to Germany with it and change it to another type of Visa or temporary residence permit? Will officials accept this kind of change or do I have to get a family reunification Visa from Turkey of Greece before we come?
You can travel to Germany and apply for a residence card for family members of EU nationals (Aufenthaltskarte) directly.

Is your child of school age?

MuratcanVassel wrote:

Let's say I came with the Schengen Visa that I have already;

-Because we will stay in an AirBNB before we could find a flat to settle, how will the registration application to the city for residency work? I've heard that you must get a "Wohnungsgeberbestätigung" documents from the homeowner or landlord because so many AirBNB'ers are not the original owner of the flat, they simply cannot give that document to us. So without it, how can we register ourselves to the city while we're staying in an AirBNB. Should we find an AirBNB that we can get that document from the owner him/herself?
You will need to find accommodation that offers registration. If an AirBnBer is subletting their flat illegally, then it's not a good idea to stay there for longer. If subletting via AirBnB has been approved by the owner of the property, then there should be no problem getting papers from them.

You really need to register your residence within 90 days of arrival. Until then, you'll basically be tourists.
MuratcanVassel wrote:
-Because we want to start searching for work as soon as possible, my wife will register herself in Jobcentre, but how will it work in my case? Will I have the chance to get my work permit/visa/etc right after (I mean in couple days/weeks) we relocate? Should I present documents, bank statements, etc about the money that we brought with ourselves? If we do, what will be the amount, on average of course?
The authorities can take up to 6 months to issue an Aufenthaltskarte. Often it is decided on the spot, though. Within 90 days, you don't need to present financial or work documents. If the authorities feel you might not actually be exercising treaty rights, they can and have been known to hold your application until the 90 day mark has passed and then ask for additional documents (work, finances, health insurance, etc.)
MuratcanVassel wrote:
-Let's say we will get our permits/visas/cards whatever they are and started our search for work. If I will be able to find a job before my EU citizen wife, will it be enough for our residency or she have to find a job too? I know it sounds odd, but because we'll move to Germany me as her dependent, I want to know that this situation continues or just a new-comers procedure. Does she have to work even I will get enough salary for whole family?

On the forum that I've mentioned top, dear frum member ALKB stated that;

She can enter Germany with a visa on arrival and apply in-country for a residence card as a family member of an EEA national.

You need to be married.

You need to register your residence with the municipality.

In the first 90 days after your arrival, health insurance, work contract, salary slips and a bank statement showing salary going in are not mandatory when applying for the residence card but to be very honest, to have as many of those things as possible just makes things easier and go smoother.

Because my wife and I will not have a salary, work contract and etc, will the things go smooth or we will encounter problems regarding our jobseeker situation?
She can use your income in Germany to declare herself exercising treaty rights as self-sufficient (as long as you earn enough for that) but personally, I'd really try to get at least a part time job that pays a bit more than 450 €/month at the very least. It will make things so much easier.

Nobody can predict how smoothly things will go. Will you find accommodation that offers registration? Are you moving to a big city with lots of experience with EU nationals or a smaller town where applications for residence cards are few and far between?

Keep in mind, that as soon as you register, domestic laws that apply to all residents have to be followed: German health insurance (can be expensive if you don't have a job in Germany), taxes, schooling...

MuratcanVassel wrote:
Last but not least, at the official website of the EU, it is stated that,

Staying abroad for up to 6 months
Equal treatment
During their stay in your new country, your spouse, (grand)children and (grand)parents should be treated as nationals of the country, notably as regards access to employment, pay, enrolment in schools, etc.

So I am understanding that I, as a member of EU family, can also have the right to search for a job during the stay, I will be more than happy if I read the word "YES" to this question. Hope I will.

Thanks for the answers and for your time in advance.

Best regards, Muratcan
Yes, you can search for a job and you have the right to work as long as your spouse is exercising treaty rights in Germany. Whether an employer is willing to hire you without documented proof of your right to work (Aufenthaltskarte) is another story.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

MuratcanVassel
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by MuratcanVassel » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:22 am

Dear ALKB, thank you for your response.

After posting the message here, I've continued to my researches and finally after several months of search, I've found the exact information(well at least most of them) from an official website, which is https://www.eu-gleichbehandlungsstelle.de/.

MuratcanVassel
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by MuratcanVassel » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:53 am

In the FAQ section of the Residence part( I cannot give link due to spam protect system), after we've done the Anmeldung at Bürgeramt and my wife decleared herself as a Job-Seeker in Arbeitsamt, we will go to Auslanderbehörde for my residence permit and they'll give me a document/certificate as a proof of my application and relationship with the EU citizen so I could start my search for work.

Actually, I'm still confused about the "first day of their residence" part of the sentence. Does it mean "First day in Germany" or " First day after taking the residence card/permit"? Because they gave an example of an EU citizens' working conditions by that sentence and EU citizens does not require a permit to work in EU, I think they've meant "the First day in Germany" by that.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:47 am

MuratcanVassel wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:53 am
In the FAQ section of the Residence part( I cannot give link due to spam protect system), after we've done the Anmeldung at Bürgeramt and my wife decleared herself as a Job-Seeker in Arbeitsamt, we will go to Auslanderbehörde for my residence permit and they'll give me a document/certificate as a proof of my application and relationship with the EU citizen so I could start my search for work.

Actually, I'm still confused about the "first day of their residence" part of the sentence. Does it mean "First day in Germany" or " First day after taking the residence card/permit"? Because they gave an example of an EU citizens' working conditions by that sentence and EU citizens does not require a permit to work in EU, I think they've meant "the First day in Germany" by that.
The first day of residence starts with registration (or with the date you state as taking up residence = moving in date as confirmed by your landlord, within 7 days before registering) at the Bürgeramt or Rathaus or whichever authority is tasked with this service in the specific municipality. Without registration, you are a visitor and yes, of course you can search for work as a visitor but getting a tax number is through registration and health insurance, applying for a place at day care/nursery or enrolling in a school is only possible with a registered address.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

MuratcanVassel
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Non-Eu Germany Residence Card with C-Type Schengen Visa, after moving with Greek wife

Post by MuratcanVassel » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:31 am

Hello there, I hope everyone is safe and healthy,

I am a Turkish citizen and we'll move to Germany October this year with my Greek citizen wife and toddler girl. I am constantly searching for all relevant information about moving abroad from legal websites and information boards but there is still a huge unclear point that I cannot be sure of. By the way, I have a C-Type family Schengen visa from Greece.

Regarding EU's legal website, All EU citizens, who enjoys their Freedom of Moving, Residence and Works rights along with the EU(unless they're staying at their own country) can bring their spouses and children with them and they can also start to enjoy these rights from the first moment after they report themselves into the city. After reading those lines and several others, I was very confident about we're all good and ready to go.

But, some weeks ago, when I was digging for some specific information about Germany, I've came up that, some officer's at Foreigners Authority department would insist the Non-EU citizen should have the D-Type National visa before coming to Germany, even he/she has the Family C-Type Schengen visa with him/her.

I knew the process and rules about the D-Type visa, BUT, all the information regarding to that visa is about the EU/Non-EU or even German citizens whom already residing in Germany, with an address, work contract, and etc. Because we'll move together and search our jobs, apartment and stuff together, (my wife will even start a small business herself), we do not have such documents and pieces of information with ourselves to apply for a D-Type Visa.

I've talked with several consulates in Turkey and Germany, I could not get decent information from them. BUT, when I called Foreigner Authorities in different cities, things started to be interesting.

The gentlemen in one German cities Foreigners Office informed us that the Visa type is irrelevant while registering ourselves to the city and applying to residence card because we are already married with a child. But, for city number 2, the officer lady insists that we must get the D-Type visa, even we reach there together and standing in front of her. As she's mentioned, I should go back to Turkey, apply for the D-Type visa, and come back with it. It is total nonsense to me! I have read a report from 2018 about the mispractices of the counties in the EU regarding Freedom of Movement topics, and the report says that in France and Germany those kinds of things are happening and nothing is being changed to the correct way. I've hoped that after 2 years from that report something changed to the correct way, but I see that I did not.

Summary of the story is, after arranging all our stuff, dates, AirBNB, etc. I am very stressed right now, that I will probably have to come back to Turkey after we reached to Germany, leave my wife and kid there, and wait for 3-4 months to get the visa. You can ask, "Hey Muratcan, you still have time, why you are not trying to apply for the D-Type now" The thing is, because of the COVID, D-Type visa applications, and being held since March and they do not know the date of re-opening of the applications. And, the application process lasts a minimum of 8-10weeks in normal times, which we are the most abnormal times in recent history.

I will be more than glad for any piece of information, experiences, and legal documents about my situation. Kinds regards to all and stay safe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Non-Eu Germany Residence Card with C-Type Schengen Visa, after moving with Greek wife

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:02 pm

Topics merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MuratcanVassel
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Re: Non-Eu Germany Residence Card with C-Type Schengen Visa, after moving with Greek wife

Post by MuratcanVassel » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:02 pm
Topics merged!!
Dear mod, because even the scenario of us stays the same, the thing i have asked in the New thread is completely different, that is why i have opened a seperate one for that..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:37 pm

Please read the link below about the forum rule on multiple topics.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/annou ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MuratcanVassel
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by MuratcanVassel » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:37 pm
Please read the link below about the forum rule on multiple topics.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/annou ... t5722.html
Please create and use one topic for your queries regarding a specific topic / immigration application (e.g. - settlement, PBS, naturalisation).

As I said, they were inside of the same story but completely different topics. Not 2 threads on a specific subject. Anyhow, no need to use that two exclamation marks like we're school kids.

Thanks for not helping at all, stay safe