ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non Eu moving to another EU state

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TyvanD
Newly Registered
Russia

Non Eu moving to another EU state

Post by TyvanD » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:37 pm

Hey guys,
So a bit of a tricky situation -
I've legally lived and worked under different visas for the past 4.5 years - 2 years in Belgium, 1 year in Ireland and 1.5 years in Germany.
I'm trying to stay in the EU so I'm looking for a country in which the time in other EU states counts for a residence permit. Is there such a thing? I know about the blue card but this isn't the case.
Any advice would be highly appreciated!

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Non Eu moving to another EU state

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:46 pm

Is there such a thing?
No there is not.

If you are non-EU, which I assume you are based on the Russian flag of your profile, you fall under each individual countries immigration rules if you are not an EU citizenship family member, and even then, each state has its own residence requirements and residence in other states are not 'transferable' to make up x number of years for PR, for example.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.