ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NON-EU Spouse Schengen visa request DENIED

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

WaelSAli
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

NON-EU Spouse Schengen visa request DENIED

Post by WaelSAli » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:35 pm

My wife (Spanish) and I (Sudanese) are very confused and frustrated about the refusal that still doesn't make any sense to us. We were hoping you could help us understand more, what is the problem and what would be the practical solutions.

We were married in the capital city of Sudan on April, 2018 and started our marriage registration in the Spanish embassy in Khartoum, Sudan. On the 12th of June, I received our Libro De Famillia (Family book) which is a Spanish official document only issued after the recognition of the Spanish government of our marriage. Based on that I was advised by the counsel office to apply for a Schengen visa type C to join my Wife in Spain. (She flew there on May and she is awaiting me to join).
12 days after my visa submission, I was informed that my visa has been refused and on the letter they gave me there was only one boxed ticked and it stated the following:
An alert has been issued in the Schengen Information System (SIS) for the purpose of refusing entry by a number of member states.

The visa office in the Spanish embassy in Khartoum, just delivered the news without any justification behind such an alert and they told me that there is nothing I can do to fix this problem. For us this is not a vacation destination that we can change by simply looking for another place to visit, nor it is a trip that we can schedule some other time. My wife and I want to be together and now, borderlines is standing between us.

Important facts that I need to mention:
- I have never applied before to any type of visa to Europe or any Western countries.
- In my application (being a EU Family member) I was asked to leave most of the fields blank, such as financial statements, purpose of visit, return date and ticket, hotel reservations, sponsor information. ... etc which I believe are the most common areas where the refusal comes in regard to.
- In the area where I mention the EU states that I wanna visit I only listed Spain.

So in my case, being a model citizen with not even a single black spot on my file, no prior history whatsoever in any EU state, not even religious or affiliated with any groups, what could any EU state have against me and my wife being reunited in her country?

We were told that we can appeal in a written letter and deliver it in person to the Spanish counselor. However we have been discouraged by the visa office officials telling me that they don't think it would help but I have the right to do so.

Would you please help us?
Kindest regards,

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: NON-EU Spouse Schengen visa request DENIED

Post by Caravel88 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:41 pm

Every person has the right to know what information about them has been entered in the SIS II and also has the right to demand correction or deletion of data if they are incorrect or unlawfully stored in the system. These rights are exercised always in compliance with the national legislation of the country in which they are claimed, the relevant procedures in individual Member States may therefore differ.

Request your personal data from the SIS.

Then appeal.

Also involve a Spanish lawyer to do all this.
WaelSAli wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:35 pm
My wife (Spanish) and I (Sudanese) are very confused and frustrated about the refusal that still doesn't make any sense to us. We were hoping you could help us understand more, what is the problem and what would be the practical solutions.

We were married in the capital city of Sudan on April, 2018 and started our marriage registration in the Spanish embassy in Khartoum, Sudan. On the 12th of June, I received our Libro De Famillia (Family book) which is a Spanish official document only issued after the recognition of the Spanish government of our marriage. Based on that I was advised by the counsel office to apply for a Schengen visa type C to join my Wife in Spain. (She flew there on May and she is awaiting me to join).
12 days after my visa submission, I was informed that my visa has been refused and on the letter they gave me there was only one boxed ticked and it stated the following:
An alert has been issued in the Schengen Information System (SIS) for the purpose of refusing entry by a number of member states.

The visa office in the Spanish embassy in Khartoum, just delivered the news without any justification behind such an alert and they told me that there is nothing I can do to fix this problem. For us this is not a vacation destination that we can change by simply looking for another place to visit, nor it is a trip that we can schedule some other time. My wife and I want to be together and now, borderlines is standing between us.

Important facts that I need to mention:
- I have never applied before to any type of visa to Europe or any Western countries.
- In my application (being a EU Family member) I was asked to leave most of the fields blank, such as financial statements, purpose of visit, return date and ticket, hotel reservations, sponsor information. ... etc which I believe are the most common areas where the refusal comes in regard to.
- In the area where I mention the EU states that I wanna visit I only listed Spain.

So in my case, being a model citizen with not even a single black spot on my file, no prior history whatsoever in any EU state, not even religious or affiliated with any groups, what could any EU state have against me and my wife being reunited in her country?

We were told that we can appeal in a written letter and deliver it in person to the Spanish counselor. However we have been discouraged by the visa office officials telling me that they don't think it would help but I have the right to do so.

Would you please help us?
Kindest regards,

Bippin
Malaysia

Re: NON-EU Spouse Schengen visa request DENIED

Post by Bippin » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:46 pm

Hi
From what I read I think you were applied a wrong type of visa.As you state you are married to Spanish lady and you want to reunited with her in her own country so you are not cover by EU law which is spouse of eea citizen instead you need to apply spouse visa or reunion with family whatever visa of Spain under Spanish rule not an EU rules ,hope this help.