ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU spouse Traveling to Schengen country (Italy) with EU family members

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ismail9
Newly Registered

Non EU spouse Traveling to Schengen country (Italy) with EU family members

Post by Ismail9 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:42 am

Please can someone advise, I have read a lot of information regarding non EU spouse traveling to Schengen country with EU family members. But I am still confused.

My situation is that I have a indefinite leave to remain in UK. I do not have a residence permit, I only have a stamp in my passport stating indefinite leave to remain.

My husband and children are all British citizens, and we want to travel to Italy.

Can I travel to Italy without a residence permit or is having a stamp in passport enough?

Thanks in advance.

Casa

Re: Non EU spouse Traveling to Schengen country (Italy) with EU family members

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:53 am

The airline is unlikely to allow you to travel without a Schengen visa.

You will continue to require a visa until you have been granted British citizenship.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.