Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

NonEU Spouse Travelling to EU

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Post Reply
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:17 pm

NonEU Spouse Travelling to EU

Post by nprdes » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:25 pm

Hello, I’m a non Eu spouse of an Italian Citizen who holds a UK RC that states “Family member of EU Citizen”

We are planning to go to spain together this month and I’m aware that I might now need an entry visa. I’ve started an application however there is no appointment available for Spain until Further notice in the BLSSPAIN site.

Can anyone advise what is the best route to go about this? Can I still go ahead and use my UK residence card to travel as what we’ve always done before.

User avatar
Respected Guru
Posts: 2475
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:13 am

Re: NonEU Spouse Travelling to EU

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:23 pm

It doesn't work anymore.

I am EU and my wife non-EU. I used to travel with her and she never needed a VISA to visit EU with me. We had issues at the borders at the time and we have been stopped many times but always let go.

However, as now the UK is not in the UE, you are outside the UE and you need a visa to go to the UE even with your EU partner/husband.

I know that it's a bit crazy with appointments these days. Try to contact the Consulate or Embassy. If you have a compelling reason to travel, they can exercise discretion and get your an appointment asap. I have seen it happening just recently.

Post Reply