ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayer-marrying Portugal citizen

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bargaz12
Newly Registered

Overstayer-marrying Portugal citizen

Post by bargaz12 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:40 pm

Hi, I researched about this topic but couldn't find anything similar to my story. I appreciate everyone who read through and answers, I thank everyone in advance.
I went to UK as a student in 2011 finished my studies and then applied another course unfortunately the college was closed down by home office then due to so many events in my life I was overstayed in UK(when I think about now, it was the most stupidest thing i've ever done in my life).
While I was overstaying in UK, I met a girl who is Portugal citizen moved to UK. we fell in love and started to live together eventually.
We consulted few lawyers in UK, they said like we can apply for EEA Family permit with two year rule( don't have much documents with same address) or marry directly in UK but either way there is a risk of detention and deportation. My partner was scared to process, so we decided to marry in India and apply to Portugal from there.
Now we came to India last week, want to get married here. And want to apply for Portugal. Could you please tell me, would my UK overstay history affects my Portugal visa? What are my options? Please ask me if you need any further details. Thank you all

vinny

Re: Overstayer-marrying Portugal citizen

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:55 pm

Where do you want to live, Portugal or UK?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bargaz12
Newly Registered

Re: Overstayer-marrying Portugal citizen

Post by bargaz12 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:01 pm

Thanks for replying. Actually we don't mind either way. But we heard it will be very hard to get in UK because of my overstay. So we are thinking of marrying in India and apply to Portugal.