ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Portugal Citizenship - from Pakistan

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mayapaul07
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Portugal Citizenship - from Pakistan

Post by mayapaul07 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:21 pm

I'm in the UK trying to help my brother with EU residency.

We want to apply for the Portugal start-up visa.

Upon approval, a 4 month residency visa is granted. Once in the country, the visa can be extended for a period of 90 days. This allows time for an application for a residence permit.

1. Does anybody know how long the residence permit is granted for in this case?

2. Is an application for family reunification (mum and dad) possible at the same time as making the application above?

3. How likely is approval for his mum and dad as dependents? He is not able to support them as he isn't working over there. Currently, I support them with monthly payments which I have proof of. Without my monthly payments, it would be very difficult for them financially. So do they have to be dependents in the strict sense of the word, i.e financially?

4. How much money do the incubators charge? I have read that they charge the entrepreneur money and this should be negotiated? It would be better to give part of the company away, not sure if this is an option.

Once he gets there I have read he can find a job and accommodation - this allows him to apply for a residence permit. Is this a feasible way of doing this with a view to becoming an EU citizen.

The long term aim is for my brother, mum and dad to move from Pakistan to the UK. A process that will take around 6 years through the Portugal route.

Does anybody have any advice or answers on the above?

Thanks,
Maya.

mayapaul07
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Portugal Citizenship - from Pakistan

Post by mayapaul07 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:54 am

Anyone help please?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Portugal Citizenship - from Pakistan

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:45 pm

Hello

I don't understand everything. It seems that more context is needed here.

The UK is going through Brexit at the moment. I am not sure the EEA route would be open in 6 years time. I think every long plan term should consider this eventuality.

For bringing adult relatives, usually the dependency is not as easy as "I am sending money monthly". The first thing they will argue is: why can't they stay in their home country and you keep sending them money as usual?

What's your current citizenship?

Please elaborate about 4.