ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Portugal Residence permit for non EEA national EU Spouse

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Osmo
Newly Registered

Portugal Residence permit for non EEA national EU Spouse

Post by Osmo » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:37 pm

Hi All

Could someone kindly tell me what the process is and what documents required, please?

My current immigration status:

Married to Spanish National in London
Holding Residence permit until 2023 (Issued in UK)
Holding Schengen Visa until 2020 (Issued in UK by France)
Nationality Indian

Only me want to move to Portugal for business purpose while my wife stays in the UK and exercising treaty rights as a worker. Could you kindly let me know what is the procedure, please?

Regards

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Portugal Residence permit for non EEA national EU Spouse

Post by Caravel88 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:48 pm

You need a work visa for Portugal, or can move in under the investment programme.

If your wife is not moving with you, the fact that you are married to an EU citizen is irrelevant. The fact that you have a tourist Schengen visa is also irrelevant.

Also if you move to Portugal, you will technically lose your residence in Britain and will have to re-apply when or if you move back there.
Osmo wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:37 pm
Hi All

Could someone kindly tell me what the process is and what documents required, please?

My current immigration status:

Married to Spanish National in London
Holding Residence permit until 2023 (Issued in UK)
Holding Schengen Visa until 2020 (Issued in UK by France)
Nationality Indian

Only me want to move to Portugal for business purpose while my wife stays in the UK and exercising treaty rights as a worker. Could you kindly let me know what is the procedure, please?

Regards