ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Portuguese citizenship for me a UK citizen

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

greenmanner
Newly Registered

Portuguese citizenship for me a UK citizen

Post by greenmanner » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:51 pm

I was born in the UK and my father was born in Portugal. he's about 60 years and still lives in the UK.

I wondered how hard it would be for me to become a citizen of Portugal. I'm thinking of going out to live and work there for at least a few years and would like to sort this out now rather than later.

If I can become a Portuguese citizen and have dual citizenship under both UK and Portuguese law then I would like to do so as soon as possible.

I just need general advice on this, it's very likely that I could end up living in Portugual in the future and I will need to travel there a fair bit in the next few years, upon which I'll be staying for at least a month on each visit.

marka
Newly Registered

Post by marka » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:30 pm

As a citizen of the EU you are allowed to live and work in portugal without any restrictions. You do not need portugeese nationality.

marka