ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Portuguese citizenship query birth certificate

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Manux
Newly Registered

Portuguese citizenship query birth certificate

Post by Manux » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:35 pm

Hi,

I am posting on behalf of my cousin. My cousin was born in Mozambique to a Portuguese citizen father. He now would like to apply for his Portuguese citizenship, however he has an issue with his birth certificate.

He only has “boletim de nascimento” which the embassy will not accept they said he needs his original birth certificate. He paid someone to get it and went to apply for the second time, however they now told him it is missing the stamp from the Portuguese consulate in Mozambique. We do not understand why he requires this stamp? He is unable to travel to Mozambique just to get a stamp.

Is there any other way? He is a registered citizen of another country and his birth was registered there, can he get his birth certificate from there instead? Even though birthplace will show Maputo, Mozambique.

We are unsure of what to do as we do not know anyone in Mozambique or can travel there ourselves and the Portuguese consulate refuses to stamp it themselves and insist it needs to be done in Mozambique. He just wants to submit his application for Portuguese citizenship. We are unsure why this stamp is even required or if there is anything else to be done.