ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
ali_
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:27 pm
Poland

RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

Post by ali_ » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:45 am

My question is that can you apply residence card for non eu family member in Germany if you have schengen visa for sweden? If yes, thrn what would be the requirements?

ali_
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:27 pm
Poland

Re: RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

Post by ali_ » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:49 pm

Anyone? Any comment?

User avatar
ALKB
Respected Guru
Posts: 771
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 am
Location: Berlin
Germany

Re: RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

Post by ALKB » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:34 pm

ali_ wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:45 am
My question is that can you apply residence card for non eu family member in Germany if you have schengen visa for sweden? If yes, thrn what would be the requirements?
You can if your EEA family member is exercising treaty rights in Germany.

Are you a direct or an extended family member?

https://service.berlin.de/dienstleistung/324282/en/
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

ali_
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:27 pm
Poland

Re: RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

Post by ali_ » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:52 am

Exercising treaty rights is working in another state(germany) other then your home country. And Yes direct family member.

User avatar
ALKB
Respected Guru
Posts: 771
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 am
Location: Berlin
Germany

Re: RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

Post by ALKB » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:09 pm

ali_ wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:52 am
Exercising treaty rights is working in another state(germany) other then your home country. And Yes direct family member.
Exercising treaty rights = being employed, self-employed, a full time student and under certain circumstances being a jobseeker or self-sufficient.

Is your EEA family member doing any of that in Germany?

And just to check, your EEA family member does not hold German nationality? Are they a British national by any chance?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

ali_
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:27 pm
Poland

Re: RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

Post by ali_ » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:42 am

Being employed and also not german or British 😊. While applying residence in Germany is there any specific amount of earning that eu citizen should have to get residency for their family member? And also is there any specific duration of house contract should eu citizen have?

User avatar
ALKB
Respected Guru
Posts: 771
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 am
Location: Berlin
Germany

Re: RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

Post by ALKB » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:44 pm

ali_ wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:42 am
Being employed and also not german or British 😊. While applying residence in Germany is there any specific amount of earning that eu citizen should have to get residency for their family member? And also is there any specific duration of house contract should eu citizen have?
The work should be effective and not marginal. Rule of thumb used to be at least 16 hours/week but I think this has been changed to 20 hours.

By house contract, do you mean a tenancy agreement? Not really, I mean, standard contracts in Germany are indefinite with a three month notice period.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

ali_
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:27 pm
Poland

Re: RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

Post by ali_ » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:14 pm

Ok Well eu spouse have 30 hours/week in work contract. And also my question is what kind of insurance i will need and how long it will take this processing of residence card?
I really appreciate your help as it is really important for me.

User avatar
ALKB
Respected Guru
Posts: 771
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 am
Location: Berlin
Germany

Re: RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

Post by ALKB » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:06 pm

ali_ wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:14 pm
Ok Well eu spouse have 30 hours/week in work contract. And also my question is what kind of insurance i will need and how long it will take this processing of residence card?
I really appreciate your help as it is really important for me.
Your spouse will have to add you to her health insurance. Family insurance is free if you have no income of your own.

Residence cards for family members of EU nationals are often decided on the spot, card takes another three weeks or so to arrive. Processing can take up to six months, though.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

ali_
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:27 pm
Poland

Re: RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

Post by ali_ » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:26 pm

@ALKB i am really grateful to you for the precise and much needed information you have given. As i would be applying in frankfurt i just want to get a little more information if you allow me.! The only worry i have right now is that they wouldn’t have problem with that i have schengen visa for sweden and i am applying in Germny for residence card? Please help me with this worry!

ibwe
Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:07 am
Mood:
Bulgaria

Re: RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

Post by ibwe » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:15 am

I think your Swedish issued Schengen visa won't have any issues on your application for residence in Germany. They are all within Schengen Area.

User avatar
ALKB
Respected Guru
Posts: 771
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 am
Location: Berlin
Germany

Re: RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

Post by ALKB » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:50 am

ali_ wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:26 pm
@ALKB i am really grateful to you for the precise and much needed information you have given. As i would be applying in frankfurt i just want to get a little more information if you allow me.! The only worry i have right now is that they wouldn’t have problem with that i have schengen visa for sweden and i am applying in Germny for residence card? Please help me with this worry!
A Schengen visa issued by another Schengen state will not be a problem regarding application for residence card (legally and practically, my husband had a French Schengen visa and nobody even looked twice).

Are you going to enter Schengen via Sweden?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

ali_
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:27 pm
Poland

Re: RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

Post by ali_ » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:04 am

Well i already entered sweden n now i m planning to move to germany bcz my eu spouce have much better job opportunity from there. I am just hoping i can get a residence card myself and start a job there.

ibwe
Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:07 am
Mood:
Bulgaria

Re: RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

Post by ibwe » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:57 am

ali_ wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:04 am
Well i already entered sweden n now i m planning to move to germany bcz my eu spouce have much better job opportunity from there. I am just hoping i can get a residence card myself and start a job there.
The residence permit will allow you to work as well. You could check this soruce for info pertaining to Berlin.

ali_
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:27 pm
Poland

Re: RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

Post by ali_ » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:41 am

Thanks ALKB and ibwe. Just a quick update on my case in frankfurt. Applied residence card more than a week ago and no outcome yet. While applying they took my fingerprints and told me that i can go and wait as they are busy so they cannot give me any idea how long it will take.

User avatar
ALKB
Respected Guru
Posts: 771
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 am
Location: Berlin
Germany

Re: RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

Post by ALKB » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:38 pm

ali_ wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:41 am
Thanks ALKB and ibwe. Just a quick update on my case in frankfurt. Applied residence card more than a week ago and no outcome yet. While applying they took my fingerprints and told me that i can go and wait as they are busy so they cannot give me any idea how long it will take.
They can take up to six months.

Does your spouse already work in Germany and if so, have you submitted proof of the employment?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

ali_
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:27 pm
Poland

Re: RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

Post by ali_ » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:12 am

Yes proof of employment, proof of relationship, house rental contract and insurance.

ali_
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:27 pm
Poland

Re: RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

Post by ali_ » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:30 pm

One of my friend applied for same and they told him it will take 8 weeks... 🤔

ali_
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:27 pm
Poland

Re: RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

Post by ali_ » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:01 pm

Hi,
Just a quick update. More than 5 weeks already and still no response of residence card application.

Locked
cron