ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ryanair air and EU national and Non EU national

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cdyz5
Pakistan

Ryanair air and EU national and Non EU national

Post by cdyz5 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:54 pm

Hi ALL.

need advise. i am a non EU husband of EU national living in UK with (having a EU family permit 5 years) can i travel to belgium on Ryanair from Manchester airport (UK) heard Ryainair does not let get on board non EU citizen traveling with EU national. in my case the EU national is Lithuanian

Alex0226

Re: Ryanair air and EU national and Non EU national

Post by Alex0226 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:42 pm

U should be fine if only you are a direct family member of an EU national and stated on your resident card. To be safe, go with ur marriage certificate while ur wife travel with u. Im sure u will be fine

Jimmybones100

Post by Jimmybones100 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:34 am

You will be ok with you travel with her,am not married and have RC and been travelling all over Europe with my partner.

cdyz5
Pakistan

Post by cdyz5 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:59 am

Thank you for the reply. As i have heard the stories in regards to EEA national with spouse Ryanair refused to take the non EEA national spouse on board. I shall take mine EEA family card and in case original marriage certificate just in case Ryanair create problem.
i also spoke to Ryanair customer chat online but they could provide a appropriate answer either :(

also to mention i am traveling on Sunday evening. I am hopping there should not be any issue?

Jboi
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Jboi » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:43 am

I travelled with Ryan air before and they are trouble, the problem there is that the staffs are not educated on this aspect of travelling, you need to let them know that they don't know the law and if they stop you, you will file a case to the EU court. Many reports has gotten to court from the unscrupulous behaviour of their staffs. I did travel even without my spouse and was going to join her there. Hold all documents ready. Good luck and safe journey

cdyz5
Pakistan

Post by cdyz5 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:25 am

Hi Thank you for the reply.

i have an exam which i dont no want to miss. I booked the airline as this was cheap and i am tight with money.

my wife EEA national will travel with me. and i shall have a merriage certifcate with me in case. also my flight is on sunday night where my exam is on Monday morning. i am worried now after these stories.

cdyz5
Pakistan

Post by cdyz5 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:01 pm

here is the update.

i printed EU directives. Email from the EU to confirm that i am allow to travel with my EU wife. however, Ryanair were funny. first they did not let me onboard at boarding checking. when i challenge and showed them the EU directives and email from the EU that i am permitted by EU law to travel with my wife. than they let me get on board. however the strongely suggest me to get a visa next time.

when landed to belgium no issues at immigration desk. same coming back no issues.

my advise do not travel with Ryanair they are not friendly and do not understand the EU law.

Thanks