ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schenegan tourist visa for spouse of British citizen

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

INLD
India

Schenegan tourist visa for spouse of British citizen

Post by INLD » Sun May 05, 2019 7:31 pm

Hi everyone, so my hubby and I were planning to travel next month somewhere in Europe we haven’t been able to decide the country since we read the marriage certificate needs to apostile and our marriage certificate is registered and certified by Marriage office in india. I’m so bummed can anyone suggest a country where that requirement is not needed . Just for info I’m not working yet since it’s been about 5 months I moved to the UK. Thanks for your time

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Schenegan tourist visa for spouse of British citizen

Post by CR001 » Sun May 05, 2019 8:08 pm

You need to apply for a Schengen visa as you are not in the UK on a EEA Residence Card but a UK Immigration rule spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

INLD
India

Post by INLD » Sun May 05, 2019 8:48 pm

My question was regarding marriage certificate apostile. Sorry if I couldn’t explain right. I would apply as spouse of eu citizen so we are exempt from visa fee but we see this need of having marriage certificate apostille is it for fact needed? Even for France?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 05, 2019 8:51 pm

Not all embassies ask for it to be Apostilled. When I applied for a visa for Spain, I had to pay for the visa as my marriage cert wasn't Apostilled to qualify for the free visa that a spouse of British citizen can get (assuming your husband is British).

You would need to check each embassies websites once you decide where you want to go.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

INLD
India

Post by INLD » Wed May 08, 2019 2:41 pm

Thank you for the reply could you please suggest the countries where I can get visa without having marriage cert apostille. What about hungry or France? 🙂 also I’m not employed yet so my husband would be paying for the trip therefore I would apply as a family of eu member