ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa 9 days only

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Schengen Visa 9 days only

Post by dan1988uk » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:29 am

We applied for my non EEA stepdaughter’s Schengen Visa at German embassy in London. I know that we didn’t have to provide travel plan but we did because I wanted to show them that our travel starts and ends in Germany. The visa has been granted today but instead of being 30/60/90 days it is valid only for 9 days, exactly the days of the travel. Is it fine?

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Schengen Visa 9 days only

Post by Caravel88 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:30 am

What did you put in your application form in terms of number of days requested?
Maybe they just complied with that.
Also it might be because perhaps it's a accompanying child, a first time schengen visa, etc.

It should be fine if it is in line with your travel plans.

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:39 am

Caravel88 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:30 am
Also it might be because perhaps it's a accompanying child, a first time schengen visa, etc.

Actually I don't remember what I put as number of days. Maybe I put exactly the 9 days of our trip, I was just worried if the flight will be delayed since we are leaving the Schenger Area at 6pm of the 26th of May, last day of validity of visa.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:45 am

Was this application for an EU family visa?

With EU/EEA/Family visas, if travelling together (as you should), they (immigration control) can not cause trouble when leaving the country due to over-stay of visa. Those who need visas (your spouse / dependant family) technically only need it for entry and they can accompany the EU/EEA citizen as long as the EU/EEA citizen is there.

If you get hassled at any point you just need to tell them that they are your family and they have the same right (derived rights / EU directive 2004/38) as you when travelling together. You might need to show them proof of relationship however (same as when applying for the visa).
dan1988uk wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:39 am
Caravel88 wrote:

Actually I don't remember what I put as number of days. Maybe I put exactly the 9 days of our trip, I was just worried if the flight will be delayed since we are leaving the Schenger Area at 6pm of the 26th of May, last day of validity of visa.

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:00 pm

Caravel88 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:45 am
Was this application for an EU family visa?

With EU/EEA/Family visas, if travelling together (as you should), they (immigration control) can not cause trouble when leaving the country due to over-stay of visa. Those who need visas (your spouse / dependant family) technically only need it for entry and they can accompany the EU/EEA citizen as long as the EU/EEA citizen is there.

If you get hassled at any point you just need to tell them that they are your family and they have the same right (derived rights / EU directive 2004/38) as you when travelling together. You might need to show them proof of relationship however (same as when applying for the visa).
dan1988uk wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:39 am
Caravel88 wrote:

Yes, it was an EU family application. We live in the UK and I will be travelling with my wife (who is holding a Residence Card issued by the UK, so she doesn't need a Schengen Visa if travelling with me) and her daughter (who is holding only an EEA family permit for now, that's why I applied for her visa). We will bring all the documents with us. Thank you

to mato
Newly Registered
Aruba

Post by to mato » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:59 am

Germany is one of the trickiest ones, although most of the consulates do go with whatever days the trip(flights etc) planned looks like regardless of what you put on the form the number of days you would like.

It had happened to my friends too and got exactly 9 or 10 days of visa. If it is German consulate that you wanna apply through, then make sure you buy the return flights etc for the number of days you would like the visa to be, even if end up might leaving earlier. it makes it much easier that way and give you more of an option. but it does mean that you might have to buy two flights for the same journey, one to satisfy visa and the other one to leave when you want to....

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:33 pm

to mato wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:59 am
Germany is one of the trickiest ones, although most of the consulates do go with whatever days the trip(flights etc) planned looks like regardless of what you put on the form the number of days you would like.

It had happened to my friends too and got exactly 9 or 10 days of visa. If it is German consulate that you wanna apply through, then make sure you buy the return flights etc for the number of days you would like the visa to be, even if end up might leaving earlier. it makes it much easier that way and give you more of an option. but it does mean that you might have to buy two flights for the same journey, one to satisfy visa and the other one to leave when you want to....
Thank you but I have already received passport back with the visa. The visa starts exactly the day we enter the Schengen area and ends the day we leave it, so it is fine for our travel’s purpose, I was just afraid that the return flight might be delayed.