ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa Austria - online form

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Palmist

Schengen Visa proof of accomodation

Post by Palmist » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:50 pm

Hi All, after some advice.
Traveling to Austria in June and while my name is on the flight booking, it is not on the chalet booking. Accommodation was done by my friend and he is unable to make any changes.
On documents required it says

"If the applicant’s name is not mentioned on the accommodation reservation, then a joint travel confirmation letter, signed and dated by the person whose name is on the reservation, must also be provided along with a photocopy of that same person’s passport/ID card + passport signature page, if signature is not on passport’s bio page. "

I can get my friend's passport copy but I am not sure what a joint travel confirmation letter is?

Second question, my flight to Salzburg Austria is via Frankfurt, does this mean I apply to German embassy or Austrian?

All help appreciated.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Schengen Visa proof of accomodation

Post by meself2 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:55 pm

Palmist wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:50 pm
I am not sure what a joint travel confirmation letter is?
I'd expect it to be something along the lines of "I, [FRIEND NAME], will go with [YOUR NAME] to Austria on [DATES]. Both of us will stay in [ACCOMODATION].", just to confirm that you're housed. I assume your friend's name is on the booking.
Palmist wrote:
Second question, my flight to Salzburg Austria is via Frankfurt, does this mean I apply to German embassy or Austrian?
Your main destination, where you will be spending time, is Austria, hence Austrian.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Palmist

Re: Schengen Visa proof of accomodation

Post by Palmist » Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:01 pm

meself2 wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:55 pm
Palmist wrote:
I am not sure what a joint travel confirmation letter is?
I'd expect it to be something along the lines of "I, [FRIEND NAME], will go with [YOUR NAME] to Austria on [DATES]. Both of us will stay in [ACCOMODATION].", just to confirm that you're housed. I assume your friend's name is on the booking.
Palmist wrote:
Your main destination, where you will be spending time, is Austria, hence Austrian.
Thank you, I will use that format and yes his name is on the booking

Palmist

Schengen Visa Austria - online form

Post by Palmist » Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:30 pm

Hi All,

Vfs site says fill online form and that hand written form will not be accepted but there is no online form, everytime I click on form it downloads a PDF copy.

Any ideas where I am going wrong.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Schengen Visa Austria - online form

Post by meself2 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:37 pm

First of all, please post your questions in one topic, so we can work through all your hurdles in one place.
Palmist wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:30 pm
Vfs site says fill online form and that hand written form will not be accepted
I only see the statement you need to complete it digitally.
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/gbr/en/aut/apply-visa
Once you are ready to apply, you can also fill in the visa application form, complete it, print the completed form, prepare all the necessary documents and bring it with you to the Visa Application Centre for submission.
What they might expect of you is to open the form in a PDF reader and fill out the form by typing, not by hand.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Palmist

Post by Palmist » Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:38 pm

meself2 wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:37 pm
First of all, please post your questions in one topic, so we can work through all your hurdles in one place.
Palmist wrote:
Once you are ready to apply, you can also fill in the visa application form, complete it, print the completed form, prepare all the necessary documents and bring it with you to the Visa Application Centre for submission.
What they might expect of you is to open the form in a PDF reader and fill out the form by typing, not by hand.
Thank you again. I cannot type in PDF file, I was expecting an online form.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:47 pm

Palmist wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:38 pm
meself2 wrote:
Palmist wrote:
Look up "how to edit a pdf form" or something like this and go from there, that's the best I can do for you I'm afraid.

Palmist

Post by Palmist » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:20 am

meself2 wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:47 pm
Palmist wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:38 pm
meself2 wrote:
Palmist wrote:

Look up "how to edit a pdf form" or something like this and go from there, that's the best I can do for you I'm afraid.
Thank you, I will give that a go

Palmist

Re: Schengen Visa Austria - bank statements

Post by Palmist » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:56 pm

Please can someone advice if online bank statements can be used for schengen visa application?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Schengen Visa Austria - bank statements

Post by meself2 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:36 am

Palmist wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:56 pm
Please can someone advice if online bank statements can be used for schengen visa application?
They're usually fine.