ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa - cancellation question

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

azizffc98
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Schengen visa - cancellation question

Post by azizffc98 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:03 am

Hi everyone,

For some background: I applied through VFS centre in Edinburgh on 23/08, for a Tourist short-stay VISA at the Netherlands

Basically, I have travel booked on 23rd September and as it's now very close to the date and my application is still being processed I thought it would be safer to just cancel/withdraw my application entirely so I can get my passport back in time.

This is a 2-week trip so there would not be enough time to send the passport back to the embassy (temporary withdrawal) afterwards and it still come in time for my trip to the Netherlands on 13/10.

So I submit my cancellation form through email on 7/9, it was sent to the Consulate on 8/9. I was advised that within 2-3 working days this would be processed & confirmed to me but I haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone got any experience or guidance as to how long this can actually take?

Out of interest I called the VFS Helpline to check and they ended up saying it's minimum 2-3 working days however I wasn't advised this previously!! Quite worried that my passport won't come back in time so just feeling anxious... I have paid for the courier service so when it is returned that would be 2-3 working days?

Would appreciate any info on this matter.