ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa / Financial Requirement

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Page
Newly Registered
Botswana

Schengen Visa / Financial Requirement

Post by Page » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:46 pm

Hi everyone! :)

I have three questions for anyone who has successfully applied for Schengen Visa :

1. I am would like to go to Spain (Canary Islands) to visit my partner. However the financial requirement for Spain is very high, to show, £84 per day for the duration of stay. I intend to stay for two months which would be £5040. As a student I do not have this amount currently. Would it be possible to apply for Schengen Visa through an "easier country" like Lithuania as apperantly is the easiest country to obtain a Schengen Visa and they have lower financial requirements. Then travel to the Canary Islands from there?

2. The financial requirement - Schengen requirements want see 3 months bank statements. If I was to acquire the £5040 amount I do not want to wait 3 months to travel. Would they accept it as a 'lump sum' bank balance (sitting for at least 28 days) or would they want to see the balance spread out within 3 months?

3. Bank Statements - Would they accept an online banking borderless account (travel card) or does it have to be physical bank?

Any advice would help

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Schengen Visa / Financial Requirement

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:13 pm

Hello

1 - Yes, you can apply apply for country X. Then when you get your visa go to country X then to any other Schengen country. However, travel always first to the country that granted you the visa. However, Spain is painful for the visa, but it can be painful at the border too. So even with a Schengen visa, they may question your motives or ask for proof of funds at the border.

2 - If you are student and out of the blue 5K appear on your account, it can be seen as suspicious for visa purposes. They could believe that the money is not genuinely yours or genuinely available for your trip and this could undermine the credibility of your application. If know people who have been refused visitor visas for the UK and other countries just because they moved unusual sum of money into their account just prior to the application.

3 - Try to get a proper bank.

Page
Newly Registered
Botswana

Post by Page » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:29 pm

Okay, I understand. Thank you very much

Ximon
United States of America

Post by Ximon » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:40 pm

Are you sure its 84 euros per day regardless of whether you have secured housing? In France the daily amount depends on whether you have prepaid for a place to live like a hotel or airbnb or have secured housing by staying with a friend.