ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa: first point of entry

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Schengen visa: first point of entry

Post by VirtualWaver » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:18 pm

Hi All,

I am asking this on behalf of my friend.

He has got a single entry tourist Schengen visa from Italian embassy.

However, due to current coronavirus issues in Italy, he wants to travel to another Schengen state for his holiday instead. The same also applies to me too as we initially wanted to meet up in Italy, but I have a multi entry visa, whilst he has a single entry visa.

Is this an issue? Can borders / airline company refuse his entry? Any specifics, tips on this? Thanks.

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Re: Schengen visa: first point of entry

Post by ibwe » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:30 pm

VirtualWaver wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:18 pm
Hi All,

I am asking this on behalf of my friend.

He has got a single entry tourist Schengen visa from Italian embassy.

However, due to current coronavirus issues in Italy, he wants to travel to another Schengen state for his holiday instead. The same also applies to me too as we initially wanted to meet up in Italy, but I have a multi entry visa, whilst he has a single entry visa.

Is this an issue? Can borders / airline company refuse his entry? Any specifics, tips on this? Thanks.
Hi,

He can enter from any Schengen member state. As long as the visa is valid no airline or border officers can refuse. Once inside the Schengen area, you and him can move freely depending on the visa stay duration.