ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

schengen visa for British Spouse (Please help me urgent)

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

schengen visa for British Spouse (Please help me urgent)

Post by haiksuresh » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:07 pm

Hi All,
I am planning to apply french schengen visa under "Spouse/Partner of an E.U. citizen (short)" Here is my current status was I am British citizen, My wife was in ILR [Indian Passport].

I have gone through TLSContact website,But still got couple of questions.

1) I don't need to book tickets or accommodation before hand to apply visa.

2) As per the below guidance notes, If i submit Statement of travel document, Like my details and my wife details and confirming that travelling together only. So not need to book accommodation or flight tickets right.

https://fr.tlscontact.com/gb/LON/page.p ... eu_citizen

Proof of travel of the EU / EEA / Swiss National. A confirmed return ticket to France (plane, ferry, bus, etc…) or booking fully paid from your travel agent. If not, statement of travel with EU/EEA family member (download free form here).

Why i was asking so many times because, When i call thier help line they said that, insurance, accommodation , Flight tickets were not required. But better to have. I don't understand.

Please please provide your suggestions. It was bit urgent for me. So plz help me .

Regards,
Suresh

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Re: schengen visa for British Spouse (Please help me urgent)

Post by gokulatti » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:09 pm

Easiest way to know the documents required in your case is to down the form and fill it up and look in to the sections marked * in the form, which need not be filled by the family member of eu national. Now whatever is left off that you had filled you need to provide evidence. This would ideally look something like a) ID b) marriage cert apostiled c) proof of travelling together or joining with the EU national to in your case france c) your european health insurance card which will cover both you and your spouse for this short trip.

Accomodation, invitation, funds are all exempted to be filled by eu family member so no need for these proofs. Visa must be issued free of charge and will have the wording " family member EU-EEA-Union National" This visa can only be used (technically) everytime during its validity when the above requirements are true and the spouse technically (although there has been cases were some spouses did manage to get entry) cannot travel on their own with out a qualifying EU national either travelling together or joining them in the Host member state. Hope it helps.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:20 pm

@ 'haiksuresh' - kindly desist from tagging questions onto other members threads when you already have your own topic and have received advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:23 pm

Apologies CR001, I haven't realised i have asked the question in different thread, But I would like to get a confirmation on this.

One more question in this instance. Suppose if my wife (currently holding ILR) get visa on "Family member of a EU/EEA/Swiss citizen - (Short stay up to 90 days)" category from france embassy (I am a british citizen). Is this visa valid for whole europe or only for france ?

And also Is it mandatory to enter first port of entry will be france ? Ideally most of my friends who got schengen visa from france and first entry they did was spain with no issues found . And they got france visa second time as well.

So could some please please confirm on this.

And also just need confirmation on statement of travel with EU/EEA family member is sufficient instead of booking air tickets ?

Please confirm on this .

chandregowda
Newly Registered

Post by chandregowda » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:13 pm

Hi Suresh,

And also just need confirmation on statement of travel with EU/EEA family member is sufficient instead of booking air tickets ?

Dis you get confirmation on your question on booking travel tickets?

Thanks
CG

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:09 am

You will get a Schengen visa, it is valid across all Schengen area.
Sounds like France accepts a letter of intent instead of tickets.
chandregowda wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:13 pm
Hi Suresh,

Dis you get confirmation on your question on booking travel tickets?

Thanks
CG