ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa for different purposes of visits (Indian Citizen)

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ronnyd
India

Schengen Visa for different purposes of visits (Indian Citizen)

Post by ronnyd » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:19 pm

Respected Gurus/Moderators/Admins,

I am currently applying for Schengen visa as I have trips planned to visit Poland (in Feb), Spain (in Feb – Mar) and France (around Jul/Aug). The trips to Poland and Spain have been fully booked and I will book the France one shortly after I receive the Schengen visa. As the first country of entry would be Poland, I’m currently filling in the application form provided on the Poland embassy website. I have few questions regarding my application :
- ‘21. Main purpose(s) of the journey’ : My 1st trip to Poland is for business/work purpose, whereas the other 2 trips (Spain and Poland) are for holiday/tourism purpose. Therefore, for the ‘Question 21 - Main purpose(s) of the journey’ in the application form I have ticked both Tourism and Business. Can you please advise if that is ok ? Also, my understanding is that Schengen visa would allow me to travel to any countries in Schengen region irrespective of the purpose of visit. So, am I right in saying that a single Schengen visa would cover all my trips (Poland, Spain and France) and I would not have to apply for separate visa’s ?
Please note that I currently live and work in the UK and all my trips are separate. For example, I will travel to Poland in Feb for business/work purpose and return to the UK. And in few days after coming back from Poland, I will travel to Spain for my holidays.
- ‘22. Destination country’ and ‘23. Member State of first entry’ : As all my trips are separate and I will be travelling back to the UK after each trip, shall I enter ‘Poland’ for both ‘Destination country’ and ‘Member State of first entry’ ? or do I have to enter ‘Destination country’ as the country I would be visiting next after ‘Poland’. In my case this would be ‘Spain’.
- ‘29. Intended date of arrival in the Schengen area‘ and ‘30. Intended date of departure from the Schengen area’ : As all my trips are separate and I will be travelling back to the UK after each trip, shall I enter the dates for my Poland trip only for both ‘Intended date of arrival in the Schengen area‘ and ‘Intended date of departure from the Schengen area’? or do I have to enter ‘Intended date of departure from the Schengen area’ as the date I would be departing from my next destination after ‘Poland’. In my case this would be date of departure from ‘Spain’.
- Biometric photograph : One of the requirements listed on Poland Embassy website is ‘Biometric Photograph’. Can you please clarify what is a Biometric Photograph ? Is it a normal 3,5 x 4,5 printout of a photograph taken in photo studio ?
- As I am planning to travel to Spain and France after my return from Poland, do I need to submit any documents related to Spain and France trips for my Schengen visa application to Poland embassy ? If yes, can you please advise what documents would be required ?
As my 1st trip to Poland is booked for 09th Feb, I need to complete my Schengen visa application as soon as possible. Therefore, I would appreciate if you can get back to me at the earliest possible.

ronnyd
India

Re: Schengen Visa for different purposes of visits (Indian Citizen)

Post by ronnyd » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:59 pm

Can someone please help with above queries?
Thank you :)

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by ibwe » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:12 am

ronnyd wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:19 pm

- Biometric photograph : One of the requirements listed on Poland Embassy website is ‘Biometric Photograph’. Can you please clarify what is a Biometric Photograph ? Is it a normal 3,5 x 4,5 printout of a photograph taken in photo studio ?
Yes it is but it should also be in digital format.

From the internet search "It is a digital photo that meets biometric requirements for the Schengen visa. The photo must be such that facial recognition programs can read it."

Check the Germany embassy (India) website for explanation of biometric photograph.

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by ibwe » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:18 pm

Hi!

here is just my opinion based on experience - mine and others I have crossed path with.

I am currently applying for Schengen visa as I have trips planned to visit Poland (in Feb), Spain (in Feb – Mar) and France (around Jul/Aug). The trips to Poland and Spain have been fully booked and I will book the France one shortly after I receive the Schengen visa. As the first country of entry would be Poland, I’m currently filling in the application form provided on the Poland embassy website. I have few questions regarding my application :
The lengthy of the visa will become of question as you are likely to get a visa for 90 days, which means that your French trip (July/Aug) will not be covered for now. Unless you ask in a separate cover letter to be considered for a longer multiple entry visa.
- ‘21. Main purpose(s) of the journey’ : My 1st trip to Poland is for business/work purpose, whereas the other 2 trips (Spain and Poland) are for holiday/tourism purpose. Therefore, for the ‘Question 21 - Main purpose(s) of the journey’ in the application form I have ticked both Tourism and Business. Can you please advise if that is ok ? Also, my understanding is that Schengen visa would allow me to travel to any countries in Schengen region irrespective of the purpose of visit. So, am I right in saying that a single Schengen visa would cover all my trips (Poland, Spain and France) and I would not have to apply for separate visa’s ?
Please note that I currently live and work in the UK and all my trips are separate. For example, I will travel to Poland in Feb for business/work purpose and return to the UK. And in few days after coming back from Poland, I will travel to Spain for my holidays.
Its okay to tick both boxes. Again, you might just say tourism or business. Just be sure to substantiate your purposes with valid docs – letter from your employer, business partnership, hotel reservations, itineraries etc. Business purpose docs are a bit formal whilst tourism tends to be a bit easier to substantiate.

- ‘22. Destination country’ and ‘23. Member State of first entry’ : As all my trips are separate and I will be travelling back to the UK after each trip, shall I enter ‘Poland’ for both ‘Destination country’ and ‘Member State of first entry’ ? or do I have to enter ‘Destination country’ as the country I would be visiting next after ‘Poland’. In my case this would be ‘Spain’.
Poland
- ‘29. Intended date of arrival in the Schengen area‘ and ‘30. Intended date of departure from the Schengen area’ : As all my trips are separate and I will be travelling back to the UK after each trip, shall I enter the dates for my Poland trip only for both ‘Intended date of arrival in the Schengen area‘ and ‘Intended date of departure from the Schengen area’? or do I have to enter ‘Intended date of departure from the Schengen area’ as the date I would be departing from my next destination after ‘Poland’. In my case this would be date of departure from ‘Spain’.
Arrival date in Poland and departure date from Spain (if you doubt the validity of the visa won’t exceed 90 days) or you could write the intended departure date from France (if you included a cover letter to ask for at least six months valid multiple entries visa)
- As I am planning to travel to Spain and France after my return from Poland, do I need to submit any documents related to Spain and France trips for my Schengen visa application to Poland embassy ? If yes, can you please advise what documents would be required ?
You should give itineraries for Poland and Spain and some hotel booking confirmations at the very least. I would advise to provide docs from your employer (biz license, guarantee letter, cover letter) – this will go a long way for a longer multiple entries visa [just my opinion]
As my 1st trip to Poland is booked for 09th Feb, I need to complete my Schengen visa application as soon as possible. Therefore, I would appreciate if you can get back to me at the earliest possible.

ronnyd
India

Post by ronnyd » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:27 pm

Thank you four advice :) Much appreciated!