ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa for EU Dependant

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pentaya
India

Schengen Visa for EU Dependant

Post by pentaya » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:22 pm

Hi There,

I am British and my spouse is NON-EU citizen (on UK ILR). I wonder what are my options to get my wife an EU Schengen visa (long term), please?

Ideally, we would like to travel very frequently on tourism and there is also a possibility on business (this is yet to finalize but not sure at this stage).

Both of us are working and have really good savings. We both been to many places which means there are loads of Schengen stamps from the past (within the last 5 years).

What are my options on getting her a long term visa (Visit/Tourism) as it has been a nuisance every time to run around these embassies and also I am concerned with this new Brexit thing coming up? One of my mates was in a similar situation and his partner got 5 years tourist visa.

Also, could kindly someone guide me on the fee-free visa for EU partners?

Thanks in advance.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Schengen Visa for EU Dependant

Post by Caravel88 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:57 am

EU spouses get to apply for a free Schengen visa with super minimal documentation as long as they are travelling A) to meet their spouse B) to travel with their spouse. Otherwise they have to pay a fee and apply with a boat load of docs for the visa.

The only real way of getting a visa with longer validity seems to be applying over and over at the same embassy. Germany, Netherlands, France seem to be best at this.

Your savings and all that are unfortunately quite irrelevant.

Your best bet is to choose one of the embassies which issued you the longest visa (or most number) and apply there with a letter explaining your situation (ie, we travelled a lot, we want to travel a lot more, here are our planned travel dated for the next 3 years to come)

Re: brexit, no one knows I'm afraid what's gonna happen.
pentaya wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:22 pm
Hi There,

I am British and my spouse is NON-EU citizen (on UK ILR). I wonder what are my options to get my wife an EU Schengen visa (long term), please?

Ideally, we would like to travel very frequently on tourism and there is also a possibility on business (this is yet to finalize but not sure at this stage).

Both of us are working and have really good savings. We both been to many places which means there are loads of Schengen stamps from the past (within the last 5 years).

What are my options on getting her a long term visa (Visit/Tourism) as it has been a nuisance every time to run around these embassies and also I am concerned with this new Brexit thing coming up? One of my mates was in a similar situation and his partner got 5 years tourist visa.

Also, could kindly someone guide me on the fee-free visa for EU partners?

Thanks in advance.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:29 pm

Thanks

baldude

Post by baldude » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:31 pm

Hi There
did you apply? if so can you shed some light as I am applying for my OH.
What documents?
Procedure?
Did you fill application on French-visas website? https://france-visas.gouv.fr
If so did you mention as single entry?
how long did you get the visa for?

Thanks a lot