ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa for non EU/eea

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Monserrat

Schengen visa for non EU/eea

Post by Monserrat » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:02 pm

Hello

I am in need of some advice if possible please.

1) considering I have had a multi entry Schengen visa issued by bls Spain's before (pre Brexit), has anyone applied for a tourist visa without that letter of invitation from the host stamped by the police and got one approved from BLS Spain? I don't have enough time as the police appointmentments have later dates closer to when we wanted to travel. If not possible I was wondering:..(2)

2) we are planning to go to Italy for our anniversary in November and we're hoping for another multi entry from BLS Spain. If not, if I applied for a Schengen visa from Italian embassy and asked for a multi entry on the basis of our flights and visit to family in Spain, could I use that Schengen visa to travel to Spain first tho it was issued by the Italian embassy or I would need to travel to Italy first then other EU member states?

My current status

I am a non EU on a 5year spousal visa. I have previously applied for a Schengen visa to spain via BLS Spain and I had a 6 month multi entry visa. We are going to visit my husband's family again and now I understand I apply as a tourist. I need a letter from the host obtained from the police applied for by family in Spain. The appointment dates are close to the flight dates we had booked and I can't get time off after October. we really don't have enough time between that and applying for a Schengen from BLS Spain hence why am wondering.

Many thanks for your time.

kamoe

Re: Schengen visa for non EU/eea

Post by kamoe » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:57 pm

Monserrat wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:02 pm
if I applied for a Schengen visa from Italian embassy and asked for a multi entry on the basis of our flights and visit to family in Spain, could I use that Schengen visa to travel to Spain first tho it was issued by the Italian embassy or I would need to travel to Italy first then other EU member states?
This applies to any Schengen country you are applying for a Schengen visa through: It does not matter which country you travel first, what matters is what country you stay in the most.

In your case, you would need to show evidence that after your visit to Spain you will then visit Italy and that you will stay there longer than you stayed in Spain.

With regards to multiple entry visas, it all boils down to how much money is in your bank account. See this post.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Monserrat

Post by Monserrat » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:32 pm

Thanks so much for your time and thoughts.

I am planning to stay in Spain for 6 days in October and in November for our anniversary it wil be for 4 days. We have flights and hotel reserved for Italy. for Spain and a letter from our family member we will be staying with. I hope that would be sufficient reason to ask for multiple entry and yes sufficient finances are in order.

If I understood correctly it seems that If I applied from the Italian embassy they may refuse or just give single entry, as It will be a shorter stay there than Spain?

Very grateful for your input.

Many thanks

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:53 pm

Monserrat wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:32 pm
If I understood correctly it seems that If I applied from the Italian embassy they may refuse or just give single entry, as It will be a shorter stay there than Spain?
Correct. You are supposed to apply to the country that is your main destination. If you are staying for longer in Spain or making more visits to Spain than to Italy, you'll be questioned as to why you are not applying via Spain, and yes, might get a refusal.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Monserrat

Post by Monserrat » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:26 am

Many thanks 😃

Monserrat

Post by Monserrat » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:16 pm

Hello.

I am looking to apply for the Spanish visa under the tourist section. Its a private visit to visit family. Just a question looking at the check list Would I need to submit a no objection letter when I apply for the Schengen visa even though I am not going on an employment sponsor basis?

Many thanks for your help.