ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa from the UK if BRP was stolen

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

spfortray
Newly Registered

Schengen visa from the UK if BRP was stolen

Post by spfortray » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:54 pm

Hello!

I am a non-EU Tier 4 student in the UK with a BRP card carrying my immigration permission. However, my BRP was stolen two weeks ago and I just applied for replacement (was hoping for the police to find it, but received a case closed letter).

Now I plan to travel to Vienna for the New Year celebration (Dec 28th - Jan 2nd) with my partner who is an EU national and resides and works in the UK.

I am hoping to receive my replacement BRP before my travel (I am aware that I will not be able to re-enter the UK otherwise), but having read the Schengen visa application guide I understood that I would also need my BRP during the application process, to include it with my passport when submitting my documents. I am wondering if that requirement is necessary?

I realise that my chances are low, but I had previously had complicated situations that I managed to explain well in covering letters ending with successful applications. Is that possible in Schengen countries?

For example, I was planning to request a copy of my old BRP from my university and send it with my passport instead of the original, explaining in the cover letter that my original BRP was stolen, that I plan to obtain a replacement before the travel, also providing reference numbers for the police case and replacement application, and the case closed letter (closed due to not having enough evidence to find the offenders, despite they had a footage (!), but that's a different story).

I will also be sending the uni letter to confirm my student status as a general requirement. Possibly I will be able to ask an overseas student support officer in my university to write a support letter for me too, just confirming my words and hopefully strengthening my application (I am quite a good and passionate student and have no means to compromise my studies), but that I am not sure about yet.

Given the above, my question is: do all applications without a BRP enclosed in passport get rejected straight away, or is there a chance that due to my supporting evidence and cover letter my application will be considered?

Thank you!

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Schengen visa from the UK if BRP was stolen

Post by Caravel88 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:17 am

Not all applications will get rejected.
There is always a chance.
However your chances are slim to none – but keep us posted.
Good luck!
spfortray wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:54 pm
Hello!

I am a non-EU Tier 4 student in the UK with a BRP card carrying my immigration permission. However, my BRP was stolen two weeks ago and I just applied for replacement (was hoping for the police to find it, but received a case closed letter).

Now I plan to travel to Vienna for the New Year celebration (Dec 28th - Jan 2nd) with my partner who is an EU national and resides and works in the UK.

I am hoping to receive my replacement BRP before my travel (I am aware that I will not be able to re-enter the UK otherwise), but having read the Schengen visa application guide I understood that I would also need my BRP during the application process, to include it with my passport when submitting my documents. I am wondering if that requirement is necessary?

I realise that my chances are low, but I had previously had complicated situations that I managed to explain well in covering letters ending with successful applications. Is that possible in Schengen countries?

For example, I was planning to request a copy of my old BRP from my university and send it with my passport instead of the original, explaining in the cover letter that my original BRP was stolen, that I plan to obtain a replacement before the travel, also providing reference numbers for the police case and replacement application, and the case closed letter (closed due to not having enough evidence to find the offenders, despite they had a footage (!), but that's a different story).

I will also be sending the uni letter to confirm my student status as a general requirement. Possibly I will be able to ask an overseas student support officer in my university to write a support letter for me too, just confirming my words and hopefully strengthening my application (I am quite a good and passionate student and have no means to compromise my studies), but that I am not sure about yet.

Given the above, my question is: do all applications without a BRP enclosed in passport get rejected straight away, or is there a chance that due to my supporting evidence and cover letter my application will be considered?

Thank you!