ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa from the UK

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

imma8080
India

Schengen visa from the UK

Post by imma8080 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:29 am

Hello - I couldn't find any other appropriate category so I hope you don't mind me posting in this.

I and my wife are British Nations living in the UK, my Father & Mother in law came to the UK (September 28) using the standard visitor visa (C- Type).

The plan for us was to go to Finland & Hungary by the end of November , by applying Schengen Visa for my in laws. In mid August this year, I emailed VFS Finland in the UK stating that my in laws are visiting us in the UK and I needed help in booking an appointment for them in the UK, they helped me to book an appointment.

On (October 7, the appointment day),m at the VFS Global Centre in London, they were told that they couldn't apply for Schengen visa from London and they should have applied in India. While at the centre, I spoke to VFS over the phone and they admitted they made a mistake by not informing me this when I emailed them in August and there was no mention of this clause. They said they will co-ordinate with the local centre and get back to me on October 10th.

However they did mention that certain countries like Netherlands, does allow C-type visa holders to apply for Schengen from the visiting country but I don't have any plans to go to Netherlands.

May I know the list of the countries that allows C-type visa holders to apply for Schengen from the visiting country?

Note:- My in laws couldn't apply for Schengen visa in India because the UK visa processing times exceeded 2 months and we just had 3 weeks from the day we got the passport (with the stamped visa from the UK) and the departure day so didn't risk their passports getting stuck with Schengen visa.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Schengen visa from the UK

Post by Ticktack » Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:30 pm

imma8080 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:29 am
Hello - I couldn't find any other appropriate category so I hope you don't mind me posting in this.

I and my wife are British Nations living in the UK, my Father & Mother in law came to the UK (September 28) using the standard visitor visa (C- Type).

The plan for us was to go to Finland & Hungary by the end of November , by applying Schengen Visa for my in laws. In mid August this year, I emailed VFS Finland in the UK stating that my in laws are visiting us in the UK and I needed help in booking an appointment for them in the UK, they helped me to book an appointment.

On (October 7, the appointment day),m at the VFS Global Centre in London, they were told that they couldn't apply for Schengen visa from London and they should have applied in India. While at the centre, I spoke to VFS over the phone and they admitted they made a mistake by not informing me this when I emailed them in August and there was no mention of this clause. They said they will co-ordinate with the local centre and get back to me on October 10th.

However they did mention that certain countries like Netherlands, does allow C-type visa holders to apply for Schengen from the visiting country but I don't have any plans to go to Netherlands.

May I know the list of the countries that allows C-type visa holders to apply for Schengen from the visiting country?

Note:- My in laws couldn't apply for Schengen visa in India because the UK visa processing times exceeded 2 months and we just had 3 weeks from the day we got the passport (with the stamped visa from the UK) and the departure day so didn't risk their passports getting stuck with Schengen visa.
Most countries don't allow visa application from other countries that aren't country of origin or country of residence.

I'm not sure anyone might have such a list of countries that do. You'd need to personally check each the Schengen countries individually, as their requirements might differ.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:21 pm

imma8080 wrote:

How many months visit visa were they granted to the UK?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:42 pm

highly doubt there's a list; you can try to create one!
a lot of countries actually give their visa processing to contractors (eg VFS seem to process them for Finland, the Netherlands and a bunch of others) so you can start by aggregating this info from visa centers
but it will be a challenging task to get a visa anyway, since that'll be contrary to what's expected
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

imma8080
India

Post by imma8080 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:47 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:21 pm
imma8080 wrote:

How many months visit visa were they granted to the UK?
6 months visitor visa (C - typ)

imma8080
India

Post by imma8080 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:49 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:42 pm
highly doubt there's a list; you can try to create one!
a lot of countries actually give their visa processing to contractors (eg VFS seem to process them for Finland, the Netherlands and a bunch of others) so you can start by aggregating this info from visa centers
but it will be a challenging task to get a visa anyway, since that'll be contrary to what's expected
Since VFS messed things up, I have asked him to provide me a letter , stating what has happened so that I can try speaking to the Finnish embassy in the UK to see if they can consider as I was given incorrect information.

imma8080
India

Post by imma8080 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:49 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:30 pm
imma8080 wrote:

Most countries don't allow visa application from other countries that aren't country of origin or country of residence.

I'm not sure anyone might have such a list of countries that do. You'd need to personally check each the Schengen countries individually, as their requirements might differ.
Thank you!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:28 pm

Not sure you can apply for visit visa to a other country from a country where you hold less than 6months valid visa.