ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa in Russia

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

iwolga

Schengen visa in Russia

Post by iwolga » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:08 pm

Hi,

I'm Russian citizen living in UK on EEA RC (card received in Feb 2020, moved to UK in Aug 2019). My current German Schengen visa is about to expire and I want to renew it.

As I have my savings\property in Russia, can I apply in Russia or is it obligatory that I apply in UK now?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Schengen visa in Russia

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:43 pm

Hello

You have to apply in the country you reside. As you reside in the UK, you have to apply from the UK.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:59 pm

This is rather unsettling as puts me into initially unfavorable situation with savings as London embassy only accepts savings in local banks. :|

And, on top of other things, first available appointment is in a months’ time! Whereas I can just walk-in into visa centre in Russia and apply.

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by ibwe » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:43 am

iwolga wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:59 pm
This is rather unsettling as puts me into initially unfavorable situation with savings as London embassy only accepts savings in local banks. :|

And, on top of other things, first available appointment is in a months’ time! Whereas I can just walk-in into visa centre in Russia and apply.
Hi iwolga!

Given how Schengen countries are very strict and that the place to lodge an application is based on where you reside and not citizenship, I would say it's better to do it in London.

However, exceptions do exist. Since you are Russian and in Russia and can walk-in into a visa center, I would advise to just go and ask them if there is a possibility.

You might need to add a very convincing cover letter to explain your situation.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:50 pm

ibwe wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:43 am
iwolga wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:59 pm

Hi iwolga!

Given how Schengen countries are very strict and that the place to lodge an application is based on where you reside and not citizenship, I would say it's better to do it in London.

However, exceptions do exist. Since you are Russian and in Russia and can walk-in into a visa center, I would advise to just go and ask them if there is a possibility.

You might need to add a very convincing cover letter to explain your situation.
Thanks! As a matter of fact I've sent an email to German embassy in Russia, explaining my situation. I told them that I'm in Russia for 4 weeks and asked if I can apply. I also explained that both my property and my savings are in Russia as I've only been in England for 6 months now. Hence I can't demonstrate sound financial position in the UK

I received a reply from them that I can apply in Russian visa centre and that they copy the centre in my city into their reply. Now, I don't really know if it's gonna work but I'll keep forum updated.

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by ibwe » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:07 pm

[/quote]
Thanks! As a matter of fact I've sent an email to German embassy in Russia, explaining my situation. I told them that I'm in Russia for 4 weeks and asked if I can apply. I also explained that both my property and my savings are in Russia as I've only been in England for 6 months now. Hence I can't demonstrate sound financial position in the UK

I received a reply from them that I can apply in Russian visa centre and that they copy the centre in my city into their reply. Now, I don't really know if it's gonna work but I'll keep forum updated.
[/quote]

Thanks for the update.

Based on their reply and that they even cc the center, I think it might just work.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:10 am

ibwe wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:07 pm

[/quote]

Thanks for the update.

Based on their reply and that they even cc the center, I think it might just work.
[/quote]
I’ve just received my visa! I showed the reply from the embassy to visa centre, they still warned me papers can be simply refused to process. But 5 days later I’ve got a 3 years visit visa! Happy this is off my head for now

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by ibwe » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:39 pm

[/quote]
I’ve just received my visa! I showed the reply from the embassy to visa centre, they still warned me papers can be simply refused to process. But 5 days later I’ve got a 3 years visit visa! Happy this is off my head for now
[/quote]

Awesome news indeed!
As I surmised before, if the embassy went on and gave official answer, chances were in your favor. Hats off to you for actual going ahead with the application. I am happy for you!