ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa - 'Proof of Financial Subsistence' confusion

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

damnmad
Australia

Schengen Visa - 'Proof of Financial Subsistence' confusion

Post by damnmad » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:54 pm

Hello all,

I have a query related to 'Proof of Financial Subsistence', currently I'm still on ILR looking to apply for Schengen Visa (Spain-Visitor). Most of the rules/requirements are pretty straightforward, except for 'Proof of Financial Subsistence' is little confusing to me.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/spain-visa/uk/

"Proof of financial subsistence: A recent statement of the UK bank account for the last three months that show funds of at least 500 £ (594 €). For stays longer than 8 days the daily required amount is 55 £ (65 €) for each day beyond the 8th day. Note: Cash is not accepted as valid proof of financial subsistence."

Do I need to maintain £1000 (£500 each) for myself and my partner(as she isn't working at the moment) for 3 months and provide those 3 months bank statements? or I only need to have such amount when I'm actually making an application and doesn't matter how many days I had them in my account and submit my 3 months statements?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Never mind!!!

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: Schengen Visa - 'Proof of Financial Subsistence' confusion

Post by ALKB » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:06 am

damnmad wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:54 pm
Hello all,

I have a query related to 'Proof of Financial Subsistence', currently I'm still on ILR looking to apply for Schengen Visa (Spain-Visitor). Most of the rules/requirements are pretty straightforward, except for 'Proof of Financial Subsistence' is little confusing to me.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/spain-visa/uk/

"Proof of financial subsistence: A recent statement of the UK bank account for the last three months that show funds of at least 500 £ (594 €). For stays longer than 8 days the daily required amount is 55 £ (65 €) for each day beyond the 8th day. Note: Cash is not accepted as valid proof of financial subsistence."

Do I need to maintain £1000 (£500 each) for myself and my partner(as she isn't working at the moment) for 3 months and provide those 3 months bank statements? or I only need to have such amount when I'm actually making an application and doesn't matter how many days I had them in my account and submit my 3 months statements?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
You need to provide bank statements for the three months directly prior to applying. Throughout the three months, you need to show the required amount for yourself if only you are applying and double that if your partner is also applying for a visa.

If you stay 8 days or less, you need to show £500 at the least, if staying 10 days then £610, etc.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

damnmad
Australia

Post by damnmad » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:56 am

ALKB wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:06 am

You need to provide bank statements for the three months directly prior to applying. Throughout the three months, you need to show the required amount for yourself if only you are applying and double that if your partner is also applying for a visa.

If you stay 8 days or less, you need to show £500 at the least, if staying 10 days then £610, etc.
Thanks for your response, appreciate.

I was inline with same thought, but when I looked into other country requirements, I got confused. For eg; Porgutal Schengen visa requirement from the below link says :
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/portugal-visa/uk/

"Proof of financial subsistence. According to the information brought by the European Commission, in order for a foreign national to enter the territory of Portugal, it needs to attest owning 40€/day when applying for a Portugal Visa to the Portugal Embassy or Consulate. As well, every foreigner, each time entering the territory of Portugal, must be able to provide an amount of 75€.*Note: Foreign nationals who can prove to have their accommodation and food covered during their stay in Portugal, might be completely released from paying the aforementioned amounts of money."

This means I only need to have that required amount when applying for my visa ? Not sure what that note means!
Never mind!!!

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:51 am

damnmad wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:56 am
ALKB wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:06 am

Thanks for your response, appreciate.

I was inline with same thought, but when I looked into other country requirements, I got confused. For eg; Porgutal Schengen visa requirement from the below link says :
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/portugal-visa/uk/

"Proof of financial subsistence. According to the information brought by the European Commission, in order for a foreign national to enter the territory of Portugal, it needs to attest owning 40€/day when applying for a Portugal Visa to the Portugal Embassy or Consulate. As well, every foreigner, each time entering the territory of Portugal, must be able to provide an amount of 75€.*Note: Foreign nationals who can prove to have their accommodation and food covered during their stay in Portugal, might be completely released from paying the aforementioned amounts of money."

This means I only need to have that required amount when applying for my visa ? Not sure what that note means!
The note means that it is possible to provide a sponsorship undertaking by a Portuguese national or permanent resident in Portugal in lieu of your own finances. The sponsor will need to show that they are able to accommodate the visa applicant and that they have the financial means to pay for their expenses during their stay.
You have to show finances/sponsorship at the time of application but border control can ask you to provide current financial evidence at the time of entry into the country.
Portugal is not Spain, Spain is not France, France is not Germany, so internal differences in procedure apply.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

damnmad
Australia

Post by damnmad » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:03 am

Thanks for your time and reply.
Never mind!!!